Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7l exhaust size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cfletch
What is the measurement for the 2.7l exhaust outlets? Going to buy a set of headers and see that there are different diameters? It looks like 1-1/2 inch, but I would just like to be sure before I spend the money
SLITS
What year / engine type? I'll look it up tomorrow if you answer.
Cfletch
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 9 2015, 08:54 PM) *

What year / engine type? I'll look it up tomorrow if you answer.

1974 2.7l with CIS if that matters.
Steve
I ran MSDS 1 5/8" when I had a 74 2.7 in my car. However I was running webers instead of the CIS injection. Car ran awesome for over 10 years until it started pulling head studs so I sold it and bought a used 3.2. Check with MSDS for recomendations.
Cfletch
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 9 2015, 10:40 PM) *

I ran MSDS 1 5/8" when I had a 74 2.7 in my car. However I was running webers instead of the CIS injection. Car ran awesome for over 10 years until it started pulling head studs so I sold it and bought a used 3.2. Check with MSDS for recomendations.

So it's sounding like there can be different sizes? Or the diameter of the header doesn't matter? As you can see I'm pretty lost and want to be sure what to get.
Maltese Falcon
The 2.7 will work best street/some track work with 1 5/8" od headers.
The headers will have a 1 1/2" id. Get the MSDS metallic ceramic coating and you'll be good to go.
914 World discounts too.
PM me, or msdsinc.com
MartyClick to view attachment
Cfletch
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 10 2015, 12:58 AM) *

The headers will have a 1 1/2" id. Get the MSDS metallic ceramic coating and you'll be good to go.
914 World discounts too.
PM me, or msdsinc.com

I would like to go ahead and get those headers you mentioned. I'm trying to get all the parts for my 1970 914 so I can finally put in this 2.7l.
JmuRiz
I bought Marty's headers for my 2.7 project....3+ years on I still haven't put the engine in :~
SLITS
Depending upon which engine you have:

(911) 911/92 or 97 .... 32mm intake / 33mm exhaust

(911S) 911/93 or 98 .... 35mm intake / 35mm exhaust
JStroud
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 10 2015, 12:58 AM) *

914 World discounts too.
PM me, or msdsinc.com

That's what I ran on my 2.7 with CIS, worked great, now they're on my 3.2 with motronic....still love em, definately get the ceramic coating, worth the extra money, durable and looks awesome....and Marty is a pleasure to work with, and great pricing. beerchug.gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.