Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Award for the most "Porsche" badges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
Looks like a "fairly" decent car (not real keen on the mods), but holy crap. Yes, indeed, it is a Porsche. Now, stop beating us with a club over that.

I see at least 17 "Porsche" tags on this car.

Also, it;s a 1.7 with a 2.0 badge. Sheesh, what some people won't do. My guess is, small weenie.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Targa-...em=281716291561
billh1963
Has no one told him it's not a real Porsche?

av-943.gif
maddin
..He doesn't have a rear reflector..loser!
falcor75
overcompensating much? >.<
mbseto
Overcompensating with a 914 seems to be missing the point.
billh1963
That streamlined front side marker adds 10 mph to the top end!

I guess he removed the trunk springs and uses a stick as a support...maybe it's balsa for lightness? dry.gif
Java2570
Hey, he gets good marks for consistency! Maybe he had too many people telling him how much they liked his X19....
Cairo94507
barf.gif
KELTY360
I'm betting he has some embarrassing tattoos.
Mueller
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 10 2015, 06:03 AM) *

I'm betting he has some embarrassing tattoos.

Heck, I'm embarrassed for him!

Must have bought a pack of 20 Chinese made stickers off of eBay....darn it, I'm going to put my $2.99 worth of decals to use!
JeffBowlsby
First time I have ever seen a rear hood badge...

Don't think that black/yellow plate is legit for that car. Blue/yellow was available in 1972 for CA.
toolguy
looks to be a fake 'black' Calif license plate, which were not issued after 1969 . and the number sequence makes it what should be a 'personalized' plate but I can't imagine what it's suppose to mean
EdwardBlume
I like it. Needs sidewalk scrapers though.
Tom_T
Maybe he has half-zymers - you know, where you remember half the $**t half the time - & this helps him remember what it is!!?? biggrin.gif

TT
///////
marksteinhilber
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 10 2015, 10:10 AM) *

I like it. Needs sidewalk scrapers though.

Good one! And clear vinyl slipcovers over the seat upholstery! I can't decide what the worst part is, the teardrop markers (I didn't think you could do worse than the hockeypucks/I was wrong), or the Porsche emblem on the rear view mirrors. Wait, the door cards might be the worst part... Oh well, 20 minutes of removal of logos, some new door cards, 4 lug fuchs and this car could actually be a crowd favorite!
GermermanCarGuy
Am I seeing things, or did he put badges on the clutch and break pedal too? huh.gif edit: never mind, don't have zoom function on my work computer (see below).

Like the aero side lenses. From the cab of a 80's F250? lol-2.gif
Chris914n6
Left the windshield in during paint. Probably broke all the clips and can't get the trim to fasten.
billh1963
I want to know what that is stuck to the tachometer

I like the advanced thinking behind the "double bagged" shifter rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Who knew red vinyl diamond plate had so many high end uses? av-943.gif

busmech
No Porsche floor mats? No window trim but high quality paint job?
struckn
How can you guys not notice the missing letter "S" on the engine grill lid?

av-943.gif slap.gif
Chris914n6
The PO obviously loved the car and put a lot of time into it, unlike the owner of #004.

Plus finding all the non-stock touches has been more entertaining than work today biggrin.gif
eric9144
So...what kinda car is this again? Couldn't really tell slap.gif
wndsnd
One of five experiMENTAL cars maybe?
Maltese Falcon
The seller claims that he is not the molester of this poorly done 1.7; but if he takes this car as part of a real estate commission (not customary or ethical), this makes them both guilty of ingesting large doses of disco biscuits screwy.gif
Somebody please offer this guy $2,500.00 and debadge it blink.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 10 2015, 12:52 PM) *

I want to know what that is stuck to the tachometer

I like the advanced thinking behind the "double bagged" shifter rolleyes.gif

Ha!, I missed that double-booted shifter... now that's even crazier than all the badges!

{Where's his wiper arms go?}
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.