Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2015 Porsche Parade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Just a reminder that the 2015 Porsche Parade is starting on June 19th in French Lick, IN. Both resorts are completely filled up with Porsche Club members, so the parking lots will be great to wander around besides seeing the actual Concours on June 22nd.

Should be a nice turnout with a Historic Car display, and I've heard Dennis Gage (of My Classic Car) will be in attendance as well.
Tom_T
George -

It would be great if you & others attending could post some pix here, for those of us unable to attend.

Have Fun! piratenanner.gif
Tom
///////
jim_hoyland
Please post lots of pics; the cars on display were awesome and some great stories to boot.
I had to pass on French Lick, going to go to the 2016 Parade in Jay, Vermont
ChrisFoley
A customer of mine is headed to the Parade from Maine with his 3.2L conversion.
He and his wife are capable autocrossers (SCCA Nat'l Champs) but not that mechanically inclined.
I'd like to provide them with contact info for someone who could provide assistance in case they run into trouble.
sdoolin
A customer of mine is headed to the Parade from Maine with his 3.2L conversion.
He and his wife are capable autocrossers (SCCA Nat'l Champs) but not that mechanically inclined.
I'd like to provide them with contact info for someone who could provide assistance in case they run into trouble.

I will be at Parade this year, trying to figure out how to get all 3 P-Cars there (planning on driving the 993 for now). I live just a couple hrs from French Lick and West Badin in LaGrange KY (just east of Louisville), have large barn with lift, plenty of tools, happy to help anyone in need.

PM me for contact info.
ConeDodger
Say hi to Larry Bird! biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Should be lots of competent help there if problems arise. My wife and I will be there all week from Monday on, and would help any way we can if needed.
Mike Fitton
See you there George!
GaroldShaffer
The family & I are heading down Sunday afternoon to be there for the Concourse Monday. Only staying a few days. Would be nice to catch up with you guys if possible Monday.
jfort
I am going but only for this coming weekend. Will be driving the 930 but I hope to meet some 914 owners there. Staying at the water park/resort place. Never been to a Parade, so just looking forward to seeing what goes on. Wish I could have gone for the whole week.
GeorgeRud
The concours prep area and parking lot will be full on Sunday with lots of nice cars to see. The Concours on Monday should be great with the historic display and special cars exhibit. Just pray for nice weather!

We're taking my Targa down as AC can be nice in Southern Indiana in the summertime.
SKL1
Unless you're doing the whole social scene and are registered, the only thing worth going for is the concours, and the concours prep. day. Wonder around to see all the cars, half of them apart for prep.
If a PCA member, the Goodie Store is also usually worth the trip... just take your PCA membership card, and credit card!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 17 2015, 02:58 PM) *

Unless you're doing the whole social scene and are registered, the only thing worth going for is the concours, and the concours prep. day. Wonder around to see all the cars, half of them apart for prep.
If a PCA member, the Goodie Store is also usually worth the trip... just take your PCA membership card, and credit card!

agree.gif We are staying in Bedford. After Monday's concourse we plan to hit the Blue Springs Caverns and some other local stuff on Tuesday and then head back home.

Hope to see some of you there. PM me or give me a call 219-730-9205 maybe we can meet up on Monday??
horizontally-opposed
Really looking forward to seeing some 14s, and their drivers, at Parade!

Cheers,

Pete
GeorgeRud
Monday's Concours will be held in the parking garage at the French Lick Resort since it's been raining all week.

I'll be wearing my Save the 914-6 Tee shirt, so stop and say Hi!

George

One of our members, Jim Kutill (oak park) will be exhibiting his beautiful yellow 914 1.8 in the Concours. Let's wish him the best (along with any other members that are down here). Even with marginal weather, a couple of resorts filled with
Porsches can't be all bad!
GeorgeRud
Congrats to Jim Kutill for his first in class in his yellow 914. Here's a pic of the 914s at the Concours (Held inside due to weather). A shot of the 914s, with Mike Fitton's 914-6 in front of Jim's yellow one.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
More 914 pictures. drunk.gif

Jake Raby
Make sure you stop by the LN booth and meet Charles. We got a sweet spot, just across the way from Porsche! I chose to stay home (again:-)

Click to view attachment
sdoolin
Anyone still at Parade, or know someone that is and can contact them? The wife and I finished 3rd in class in the TSD Rally (class R05), but we had to leave before being able to claim our (possible) award. I am working with Parade staff to understand if 1) there is an award (apparently it is based on number of entrants) and 2) the best way to claim it.

If someone here, knows someone there, that could check on it for us that'd be ideal. I am close (1.5 hrs) and might be able to drive back up to French Lick, but it is not looking good for me. The award would be for Steve and Bernadette Doolin - car number 794.

Oh - and yes the wife and I are still talking to one another after our first ever TSD Rally...
EdwardBlume
Time to think about 2016!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 25 2015, 04:02 PM) *

Time to think about 2016!

2016 Parade will be in Jay, Vermont
I'm planning on making that one
Tom_T
They're supposed to announce 2017 this Friday at the closing stuff at IN Parade - & it should be somewhere West that year - given their W, M E rotation.

popcorn[1].gif
Tom
///////
ChrisFoley
Congrats to Lynne Kozlak for Ladies FTD (2nd overall) and Paul Kozlak for 3rd overall in their 914-6 3.2L street car which we started prepping for them this spring.
Neither of them had much seat time in any 914 leading up to the event.

Only a few days before they embarked on the trip we were working on the suspension.
It came in with shifter problems - a lost cone screw which had fallen out of the POS Patrick (WEVO915) shift linkage at the Devens Tour event, but what we discovered was much more important to being competitive.
One of the JRZ rear shocks had lost a lot of fluid and desperately needed a rebuild. It would only collapse halfway before bottoming on the internal gas canister.

A huge shout out goes to Thorshammer (Erik Madsen) for his assistance on very short notice - completing the rebuild on an outdated JRZ and hand delivering it the same day we needed to finish our work!

Once on my alignment platform I found the chassis had a load of crossweight from the previous owner doing a very poor alignment/corner balance.
Considering how much is still not sorted on the car the results are impressive and mostly due to their driving talent.
The car needs more suspension work and some chassis stiffening. Once optimized it will be a serious contender for FTD at any PCA event.

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Great drivers! It's nice that the 914s are still taking FTDs consistently at the Parade (except last year where the fastest 914 time was disallowed on a technicality).

Next year's Parade at Jay Peak will be limited in the number of entrants it can manage, and the 2017 Parade will be in Spokane, Washington. The French Lick Parade was excellent with great roads, great driving tours, and lots of cooperation with the weather since it had been extremely hot and very rainy, but the rain held off for the events.
SKL1
Haven't been since Keystone a few years ago... the VT setting looks pretty nice but sure looks isolated and off the beaten path. Near that prison escape place in upstate NY!!

Spokane will be an awesome location too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.