Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decided to keep the 'BB'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
euro911
I've decided to keep the car and will eventually find the time to finish it.

Thanks for all the interest

I have to face facts - we just have too many vehicles and not enough room. I'll soon have my 66 912 back on the road, the wife has her 'new' ghia, we still have our 71 914 (Howard), 2 911s, the Vanagon (Eileen), 2 Toyota trucks, a 99 Beetle and a V-nose trailer (not to mention a ton of motorcycles).

We're planning to give up the shop, move to AZ and I don't relish the thought of transporting all the vehicles, so I'm thinking about letting a few of them go.

First up, the infamous 'BB': (UPDATED 6/11 to add a few forgotten items)

* Fresh Type-4-Unleashed (Richard) 2056cc Motor - galley plugs drilled and threaded, new crank, reconditioned rods, bearings, 96mm KBs, Mahle jugs, Raby 9580 cam, new lifters
* New modified T-1 oil pump, new 7mm valve guides, new s/s valves, new Chromoly push rods & 911 swivels, 9:1 C/R, entire rotating assembly balanced
* Italian Weber 40IDFs w/ velocity stacks, Rotary'14 s/s fuel lines, CB/K&N Air filters, CSP throttle linkage, Pertronix ignition, Bosch Blue coil, EMPI breather box
* SSI stainless steel heat exchangers, new Porsche 'Banana' muffler, 140 lb rear springs
* THOMAS-built side-shift transaxle, 911 sport mounts, new Sachs 6-puck clutch & T/O bearing, good CVs, bronze shift rod bushings (F&R), Tangering Racing spherical firewall shift bushing
* New PMB ATE Calipers, ATE 19mm M/C, good rotors & pads, (also comes with 4 brand new Zimmerman rotors in boxes), Bruce Stone rebuilt pedal assembly

* * Less than 4k miles on drive train and braking system

* Pretty much a rust-free car, hell hole has been repaired, new battery tray installed
* Floor boards, firewall, longs and jack posts are all great, fiberglass rockers
* Back-dated ('71) bumpers, very nice chrome with good rubber bumper-tops
* Euro turn signals F & R, Pilot fog lights hidden behind the horn grilles
* New Odyssey 925 battery, new ignition switch, good starter & alternator
* Paint is OK, not great, comes with freshly-painted black front hood
* Smooth black targa-top, also comes with a tan-colored 'summer' top
* Tan interior, leather seats, tan carpets & dash-pad
* ATS Classics with new 195/65-15 Kumho tires
* Formuling Steering wheel (Nice stock wheel included), Italian Air Horns
* Alpine AM/FM/CD stereo w/ Pioneer 6" in door panels & Blaupunkt 6" speaker pods

* * A/C, condenser hole in front trunk currently covered with CKF sheeting
. . (comes with a replacement front trunk floor panel and tan carpet floor board)

* * Also comes with parts to rebuild the front suspension.

This is about all I can think of at the moment. Feel free to ask any questions in case I missed something.

Asking $9,000. OBO confused24.gif

Current pix

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Back end - when it still had the Triad duals

Click to view attachment

Interior - worn in places, but comfy smile.gif - (lower dash pad has since been installed)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Under carriage - solid

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Drive train - see list above

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

With the summer-top (matches the interior) & old set of ATS wheels (circa - early 2012)

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Mark,

You just need to get a big ole Butler or similar steel building on your AZ property to fit them all in! Then make it a road trip hey day driving them there, or enlist a few friends!

Make sure to come down to Santa Monica Air Museum July 12th for the LA PCA Concours & Museum Open House - it's a great event if you like Porsches & Planes!

Oh well, good luck anyway! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rjames
That's a lot of car for little money. Should go fast. GLWTS!
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 10 2015, 10:39 PM) *

That's a lot of car for little money. Should go fast. GLWTS!

agree.gif

Any estimate on the engine's power output?

GLWTS, though you won't need it.

M.I.M.
rhodyguy
What a nice car. With the light interior a joy for warm climates. I bet the 2056 is worth 120 or more. No telling what tricks Thomas built into it.
euro911
Thanks, Kev. Richard built the motor while I was recuperating from some surgeries, THOMAS built the tranny (I'll call IT Caitlyn) poke.gif

I drove to the shop today - I just realized how much I'm gonna miss this car when gone sad.gif

I'll try to re-jet the carbs for the new muffler if I can find the time, as well as a few other minor tid-bits - otherwise it's still a project for someone to finish up to their liking ...

There are some body dings & small dents (nothing major) and the paint isn't the greatest, but she'll shine up pretty nice with a little effort (I've done it a couple of times). A paintless dent removal guy can probably fix the little dents, but a little body work and a decent paint job (if desired) and it would be a really nice looking car. Personally, it's looks never really bothered me - I just like driving it - bat wing and all driving.gif
Ronlaw28
Still for sale?
euro911
No big metal building(s) for me, Tom. The house that's first on our list appears that it will accommodate 7 cars (plus a fair amount of cycles and tools, etc.) in two separate garages that are both attached to the house smile.gif

We won't be housing all the vehicles in AZ anyway, some will need to remain here for when we come back for visits.
euro911
QUOTE(Ronlaw28 @ Jun 14 2015, 06:59 PM) *
Still for sale?
There's solid interest from a local gentleman and interest from a another gentleman in Oregon so far. I will be out of town off & on next week through the first week end in July.

The first gentleman will be looking at the car the week right after the 4th. of July holiday. I'll place you on the list if you'd like confused24.gif
Ronlaw28
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jun 14 2015, 11:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Ronlaw28 @ Jun 14 2015, 06:59 PM) *
Still for sale?
There's solid interest from a local gentleman and interest from a another gentleman in Oregon so far. I will be out of town off & on next week through the first week end in July.

The first gentleman will be looking at the car the week right after the 4th. of July holiday. I'll place you on the list if you'd like confused24.gif

Better late than never .. Put me on the list ..
913B
Sorry to hear you leave Cali, so is the big house in Az a done deal sad.gif
Best of Luck with the sale and your new Chapter in Az
euro911
Hey Ted - we'll only be in AZ part-time, we're not selling the South Bay property. It's only about an 8-hour drive away anyway driving.gif

Maybe we can host a nice starting place for a RT-66 Run in a year or two - there's plenty of parking available party.gif
euro911
Well, we bailed on the first home on our list. The house, garage space and location were all great features - the driveway was the deal killer. It's so steep that the Tundra laid a couple of skid marks getting up to the top garage (during a dry season) - could only imaging the possible carnage during snowy or rainy conditions yikes.gif

Found another suitable location on the other side of town that can house up to 7 vehicles, including a 914 - oh, and it comes with a house for the Mrs. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
euro911
I've decided to keep the car and will eventually find the time to finish it.

Now the tough part ... deciding whether it's going to remain in CA or go to AZ? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.