Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That's it!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
everything looked perfect....everythign tangent and it looked spectacular. I go to set my smart dimensions and BAM! it's like all screwed up and this is where everything is referenced to on my little sheet here...
bd1308
BTW, it is SUPPOSED to look somewhat like a hair-drier (it doesnt even on the sheet) but it looks like a mess... dry.gif
davep
The auto-dimensioning can make it look very odd. Looks like you have a lot of construction lines there. Give us a screenshot of the shaded model. It is hard to visualize what you are doing. If you want, send me your file and I'll look at it. I'm running version 2003. Just ask for my email address.

Dave
Demick
I NEVER use any automatic dimensioning!!

Demick
bd1308
really? I always get the lines and stuff changing dimensions when i do it the manual way....how do you do it?
Demick
Most of your sketch is not fully defined anyway (lines will turn black when fully defined). That means that the sketch can still be dragged around into a different shape. Your tangents may look tangent, but are probably not defined that way, etc.etc...

bd1308
will solidworks 2003 and 2004 read each other's files? I wish i had a scanner....then i could show you what its SUpposed to look like....
Demick
Any newer release will read an older release. But not the other way around.

Demick
type11969
as said before, fully define the drawing (all lines to black), then you won't have any problems.
Toast
I havent seen a sketch like that since Geometry and Trigonometry.... wacko.gif
Mueller
since you got the software for free, you could afford $40 for a training/tutorial CD smile.gif

Solidworks Tutorial

bd1308
i fixed it....i'm in class now. AWESOME. shall i post pictures of my hair-drier? I have a 1000 page traning book....for class. *sigh*
davep
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 23 2005, 11:25 AM)
shall i post pictures of my hair-drier?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I haven't seen automatic dimentioning or dimention changes since the summer of 1965!! blink.gif wacko.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
Peace and Love, Elliot
bd1308
biggrin.gif
bd1308
that's right....you see 914club follows me even to the classroom! wink.gif
bd1308
here's the next part i had to make....a Roller Stud... rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.