Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to find a fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I'm looking for a 1/4 NPT - 1/2" barbed fitting for my head vents. So far I have been to:

Pepboys
Autozone
Kragen
Home Depot
Lowe's
Grainger
Ferguson (Plumbing supply)
Johnstone (Pneumatic supply)
Mayl Hydraulics

Not one of these places can even get one. Can anybody recommend a source?
McMark
Sounds like a crazy damn adapter. A screw in half the size of the hose connection? confused24.gif
bd1308
do a google search for McMaster-Carr....they have EVERYTHING there! I used it many times when I built my steam engine for class last semester....great people to deal with
McMark
Here it is at McMaster-Carr. biggrin.gif
Mueller
McMaster Carr..google it for an address
part numbers below:

5345k22 (pack of 10 for $8.00) (brass)

53505k21 (each @ $8.00) stainless steel

Mueller
damn, now where else can you get so much good help???
LOL
McMark
And within 5 minutes!!!!! ohmy.gif
bd1308
woah it's like we three have ESP or something. wink.gif
Triaddave
i just finished the venting of my head. i used the stock vent pipe from another head. it was the metric size bigger than 1/2 inch. i drilled the 1/2 inch hole in the head (scary), added a thin coat of high temp atv sealant and beat it into the hole ( snug fit ) with a block of wood and a hammer. then i was able to get a peen on the inside just for good measure. i think the sealant and snug fit would have been fine. I'll try to post a picture.
davep
I have a couple, but they are plastic. Most plumbing or hardware stores should carry them.

Don't let the Krusty one hear you used RTV though.
Allan
Thanks guys, McMaster-Carr rocks. They will be here tomorrow. Comes in packs of ten so if any one needs some just let me know.
bd1308
saved me on a cpuple of occasions...including when I couldnt repair a customer's apple computer becuase I lost my Torx #8 key.. .WHOOPS! they are awesome smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.