Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1974 914 2.0 (4cyl)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Green1974914
1974 Porsche 914 2.0

4 cylinder 2.0 liter
good condition

Stainless steel exhaust
all original except the wheels

The car has not been started in a about a year. Low vision is forcing the sale.

The car still has the original fuel injection. The engine has never been rebuilt. It was still very strong the last time it was run.

Originally a Texas car, I am the third owner and I have had it for over 25 years. It has never been driven in winter in Connecticut.

The fuel pump has been reloated to the front compartment, closer to the fuel tank, to avoid vapor lock in the Texas heat.

The original owner was hit is a parking lot in the left rear quarter. In 1974, the lacquer used in that repair, on the quarter panel and the rear deck lid, was not as good as the original, so it is greyed and cracked. There is a small patch of rust inside the rear truck, probably related to that repair.

The battery box is very rusted. The battery was apparently punctured and it destroyed the battery tray during just before the transort to Connecticut.

There is a small dent on the front of the car.

The original owner put the "bumper strips" along he sides. I have always planned to take them off, but I never repainted the car.

The interior is fair. There is a small crack in the dash, no center cushion and the sun visors need to be reinstalled.

I have the original steering wheel, spare tire and jack and several spare parts.
billh1963
Please post a price
Cuda911
^^^ This. And, a lot more pix. All sides, interior, inside of both trunks, engine compartment, etc.

Looks decent from the one pic, but much more is needed to evaluate the car.
RoadGlue
As said above, you must post a price. This isn't eBay.

Beautiful looking car. Without posting more photos you're not going to get a whole lot of traction.

Here are the Classified Forum Rules for your reference:

We've established the following guidelines to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- Please put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment.
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
iankarr
This car is on Craigslist for 10,400. But in the description, its says that the battery tray is very rusted.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5062655653.html
nickz
Small world...I just joined this forum and found this listing.

I may have been the original owner of this vehicle.

Mine was Z Green with a luggage rack and had been hit where indicated while parked.

nz
Green1974914
Adding more photos. I was asking $10,500 on Craigslist. Please make an offer if you are interested. I do prefer to find a buyer who knows what he or she is buying.
Green1974914
Still more pictures.

I apologize for the typos in the original post. As I said, vision loss is making me sell. It also impacts my typing, which is not helped by auto-correct in many cases.

I will try to be more responsive to posts here.
whitetwinturbo
............$10.5 maybe what someone who does NOT know what they are buying with all that rust would be preferrred huh.gif ?
RoadGlue
popcorn[1].gif

With that much rust I'm afraid you're really off target on the price. How's the rust under the battery tray and on the passenger side suspension consol? We're all rooting for you, but as 914 friends it's our duty to give one another reality checks. No offense meant. Ask questions - we know what we're talking about here or at least pretend to
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.