Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New master cylinder, first fill up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
After my first spin last Monday, I noticed that the brakes were 'iffy'. Bleeding didn't help. The car needed a new master cylinder. An off the shelf item from ATE did the trick. Filling and bleeding took some time, I admit. But after that the brakes feel amazingly good! Firm feeling under my foot, great stopping power.

This evening second test run was a fantastic experience. Granted, I noticed some points that need to be addressed, but the run itself was great! We (my friend / car restorer by profession Henk and I) took the car for a 30 mile spin around country lanes and the highway (speedlimit 130km/80 miles). With some fresh 98RON fuel, the car ran - and runs even better.

Despite the fact that the 914 is an European car, it's hardly seen on the roads nowadays. People turn their heads when you pass by - or when I'm overtaken by cars exceeding the 130km speedlimit... Lots of thumbs up!

I have two electrical things to address, but I will post about them later.

Menno

Typically Dutch picture with... a windmill. My friend Henk sits behind the wheel

IPB Image

I think I found the last filling station where an employee comes out to fill the tank!

IPB Image
billh1963
You have a beautiful car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.