Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake switch and indicator lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
After replacing the master cylinder earlier today, I didn't notice it at first, but somehow the brake lights are 'on' permanently. Somehow, the switch doesn't cut out after I take my foot off the brake. Sounds familiar?

Second: and that puzzles me more: when I use the indicator stalk, the green light (left or right) on the dash flashes clearly once, after that both indicator arrows go on and off, at half power. Like I've pulled the hazard switch.

On the outside, things are normal. Again, sounds familiar?

Menno

Because I can not stop posting pics: the dash stood the test of time perfectly!

IPB Image
SirAndy
The brake light switch has a lever that sits behind the brake pedal. The arm on the switch needs to be on the other side of the lever, you mounted it wrong when replacing the MC.
Happens all the time because it's a reverse switch and people don't realize it works the opposite of a normal switch.

The blinker indicator going dim means the blinker relay is on it's last leg. Also very common. A new relay should fix that.

smile.gif
toolguy
look at the brake light switch under the pedal. . you probably have the arm on the
wrong side of the stop disc when you were pulling the M/C out.
76-914
Is it possible the brake switch is cracked as a result of improper alignment and effecting his turn signal lights??
thieuster
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 12 2015, 04:32 AM) *

Is it possible the brake switch is cracked as a result of improper alignment and effecting his turn signal lights??

That's why I mentioned both in my posting. On the other hand, the turn signal lights on the dash were weak last Monday before I switched the master cylinder. I don't think there's a connection.

Menno
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.