Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wood trailer care
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal
So anyone found a good oil or whatever to put on their trailer beds that doesn't slip after it is absorbed?

My new single axle trailer has a wood bed, but it sure could use a coat of something to inject some moisture.

All help appreciated.
Johny Blackstain
Treat it like a deck & seal it w/ Thompsons water seal, both top & bottom.
beerchug.gif
yeahmag
All the ones I've ever used were so "well treated" by the oil that my cars leaked that they never needed anything else...

;-)
Randal
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 23 2015, 02:55 PM) *

All the ones I've ever used were so "well treated" by the oil that my cars leaked that they never needed anything else...

;-)

Funny. One of the recommended treatments for the wood is old oil. I used stain and linseed oil and it came out OK.
GaroldShaffer
When I had a wood deck trailer I thought about treating it with that "restore" paint. I did our front deck with it a few years ago and it seems to hold up well, not sure how it would do with cars on it?

In the end I just replaced the bad boards with treated lumber and all was good for the next 5yrs then I sold that trailer and got a steel deck one.
rhodyguy
cabot clear water proofing. or one of the light opaque versions if you want non-pigmented finish. use their cleaner/brightener first.
rmdinmd
linseed oil. cheap and works well to protect the wood from rot also is non-slippery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.