Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello to bremerton!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fatlando
hi,

fat lando here. I've finally moved to bremerton and am going to start my engine rebuild shortly. Still waiting on my tax return, but as soon as i get it watch out!

Any way, this is my first rebuild, so any local advice or assistance would be appreciated.

I can exchange guitar lessons or even provide a few drinks beerchug.gif

let me know!

fat lando

email me here or at fatlando@hotmail.com
Root_Werks
Welcome! I know a machinest around my neck of the woods that has euro P/C's and heads for a 2.0. Both used, but in great shape. Show us some pic's of your 914! boldblue.gif
dinomium
welcome to the site and to Kitsap! I needto get Jake's DVD on engine building Masive DVD as well. I have rebuilt them by the seat of my pants, I think it would be fun to learn how to do it correctly!

beer3.gif
fatlando
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 23 2005, 10:34 AM)
Welcome! I know a machinest around my neck of the woods that has euro P/C's and heads for a 2.0. Both used, but in great shape. Show us some pic's of your 914! boldblue.gif

I've been having too much fun driving it to take pictures, but here's one of my wife behind the wheel.

The machine shop;;; thats for re-boring and stuff like that right?
Root_Werks
Nice 914! My wife also looks cute behind the wheel of a teener. wub.gif
red914
a belated welcome!!! another kitsap county 914; that is a very good thing. you need to come hang out at dino's garage (aka "the man dome") some saturday. beer3.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

btw, nice looking car. those 8 spoke wheels look sharp!

and yes, my wife also looks very nice behind the wheel! wub.gif
ablose58
Nice teener and welcome to the asylum smilie_pokal.gif happy11.gif
Rocky
Welcome to our little slice of heaven. clap.gif Schweet lookin teener.

Tim
fatlando
To all,

thanx for the warm welcome. I just removed my starter and what a feeling of accomplishment.

I took it off, because when it comes to these cold mornings it kills my starter, then a few whacks on the solinoid it starts. ( i know that's not right) so i took it off to replace it.

There's a place in Monroe called getcoolparts.com, anyone have any dealings with them?

For the prices they offer it's kinda hard not to notice.

cya soon

fat lando
Bleyseng
If you take your starter in for an exchange, make sure you get a 914 one as they will sometimes give you a bug one. They have a similar number but the starter gear is different and the bug one won't engauge the ring gear on the flywheel.

Order one from PP, GPR or Paragon Parts or maybe a local guy like Kevin (rhodyguy)has a extra one to sell.

Geoff
fatlando
Geoff,

Thanx for the info...is Kevin a Bremerton cat? or Seattle?

fats
red914
Kevin is in tacoma. Rhodyguy is his club moniker.
Triaddave
i'm not sure what you plan to do with this rebuild. i talked to warren williams recently and he is trying to sell a bunch of fast stuff from his 2.0.he's returning back to fuel injection and concour...some good deals maybe.
if you need a 914 starter, i have boxes of good used starters. $25.00,come get it
rhodyguy
hi, welcome to washington and don't let this nice weather fool ya. get a new starter, or you can do what i did which was put on a used one and have it crap out half way to california. it's more fun to put on a new one and start your car everytime you turn the key. hopefully some will take the reins and plan a breakfast.

k
dinomium
I am workin ON it Kevin, thanks for the not so subtle hint! dry.gif lol
Great to have you here FL... That is one GREAT screen name btw!!
red914
yeah, Dino. why don't you get on it and... er, nevermind.

and Kevin is right; don't let this weather fool you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.