Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a quick how 2 pull rotors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Is there any trick to pull the rear rotors or do they just slip over the studs? The fronts are easy just wondered about the rears. confused24.gif
Mueller
remove wheel, remove caliper, remove rusted or stripped flat head screw........rotor should slide right off smash.gif
914werke
Studs? unsure.gif
As mike said then hit um with a BFH smash.gif
Aaron Cox
those 2 screws are a PITA.... old school impact driver (hit with a hammer and use a large slotted tip bit)
seanery
yup, I needed the impact driver on the 72.
Sears has em for about $15. Soak it with PB Blaster
then wack away. smash.gif
Spoke
Mine were rusted pretty good. Pounded one off, the other I used the threaded hole next to the stupid holding screw to put a bolt into and it pushed it right off, no pounding necessary.

Spoke
Eric_Shea
agree.gif with all those other weirdos...

1. Impact Driver - Please do this. Buy one. I get 1/2 my hubs with those screws broken off and it's a pain to drill and retap them. Use the impact driver and a MAP torch (get them red hot) and those screws will twist right out.

2. As just mentioned, there's a couple of other threaded holes in the rotor. take any 8x1.25 bolt (your average 10mm) that you have laying around and screw it in one or both of those holes. Those are there to literally press the rotor off the hub.

Easy as 1,2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.