Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 V8 "Sold"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
v82go
For sale a nice 1974 914. Slightly modified= now a 5.4 liter v8 (327). This was a California car, that has always be garaged. Its conversion started with a low mileage rust free chassis and was done by the original Renegade hybrids in California in the mid-80's. It has had only one re-spray in its original ivory color. Paint is aprox. 30 years old, still looks nice but not perfect. It has its original battery tray, the paint on the rockers is original. With aprox. 350 HP , it is quite peppy. It has nice aftermarket seats, a aftermarket A/C system. The car is fun, fast and reliable. Can be seen in central Florida (Lakeland) $18,995 I have owned it for 13 years and hate to sell it, but I need to make room for a new project. Please email me your number if interested THANKS
a partial list of the build:
1963 327, 30 thousands over bore (331 cu in), forged crank, 202 double-hump heads, a sporty cam, high rise manifold sporting a Barry Grant Demon carb, ceramic coated long tube headers into a Porsche GT3 muffler, transaxle upgraded with higher ratio gears, aluminum crossflow radiator, Porsche 911 brakes, real Fuchs wheels, etc
v82go
a few more pics, rockers are dirty but no rust.
And some more info:
engine has a small oil leak (most likely the pan gasket), just a few drips, nothing major.
the transaxle has a very slight wine, doesn't seem to affect anything
As stated, the paint is 30 years old, still shiny, but has had a couple of rock chips touched-up, also has a few small imperfections, but no bubbles, deep dings or anything major. the vinyl on the roll bar (sides) has slightly shrunken .
It has a stage 3 KEP clutch, flywheel, and bearing have less than 5,000 miles on them
engine has roller rockers, a Mallory unilite distributor
koni rear shocks
Fuchs wheels are 14x6 front and 15x6 rear w/225/50 rear tires
rear fenders have been slightly massaged (widend) so a 7" wheel would fit
bumpers have been back dated to nice chrome 1970 style (no tits)
radiator inlet is hidden (sort-of) under the bumper and air exits through the wheel wells
The GT-3 muffler sounds Great, no drone and not overly loud.

Don't let my disclosure scare you off, the car is still very presentable,
Whitey has received several awards in the last few years at local car shows.

v82go
All PM's answered.

While in my possession this car has been wet a total of 3 times (2 acts of God/ rain and a bath)
I am using a California duster and spray detailer when needed.
One nice thing about a conversion (other than the power), is when you need parts
they can be purchased on any corner at your local auto parts store.

I have a folder full of paper work on the car, starting with invoices from the original Renegade Hybrids (Whittier,CA) from 1985.
URY914
Bob,

I hope you don't mind if I add some photos that I took when we were at Fantasy of Flight a few years back.

Click to view attachment
URY914
Folks,

This car is CLEAN, a sleeper in every way.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
This beauty should sell quickly. Looks very well sorted and the price is very reasonable. GLWTS.
v82go
Thanks for the pictures and the kind words.

Price drop to $17,999

also including a picture of the ad when I purchased the car back in 2001 (I think)
Cuda911
Looks great! If it was closer, I'd be over to check it out ASAP!
matthepcat
Id love to hear it run with the GT3 muffler.
carr914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jul 10 2015, 02:15 PM) *

Looks great! If it was closer, I'd be over to check it out ASAP!

It's a Very Nice Car!

GLWTS Bob!
Emmerich
Can you show more pics of the radiator and front trunk setup? Also, what type of water pump is used? Is it belt drive or electric?

thanks
Fred Emmerich
v82go
Hi

Water pump is a external belt drive.

QUOTE(Emmerich @ Jul 14 2015, 09:34 PM) *

Can you show more pics of the radiator and front trunk setup? Also, what type of water pump is used? Is it belt drive or electric?

thanks
Fred Emmerich

Emmerich
Thanks for the extra photos. Does the car have overheating problems in traffic or at idle speed when the water pump is not pumping much? Also, do you run a thermostat?

thanks
Fred Emmerich

QUOTE(v82go @ Jul 16 2015, 08:06 AM) *

Hi

thanks
Fred Emmerich

achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(v82go @ Jul 16 2015, 12:06 PM) *

Hi

thanks
Fred Emmerich

Sent you a PM asking some questions, thanks.
v82go
All questions and pm's answered.
If you search Tampa's craigslist, I have a ad there with more pics.

Here is a link to a short youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV2lFNz6F2w

and another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koG-IDpB5dM...eature=youtu.be
achman_73_2.0
Payment sent. Title Received. Sold.
Cairo94507
Congratulations to the seller and the new owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.