Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another head vent thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
There's been several threads lately on heads vents, so here's another one. I'm finishing up getting a 2.0L motor ready to install and venting the heads were on my to do list. Went to a local industrial tools place today and picked up two 3/8 npt nipples that I use with my shop air hose quick disconnects, a tap, and a new 7/16" drill bit. Total cost $13.00.

The boss
TheCabinetmaker
drilled
TheCabinetmaker
nipple installed
TheCabinetmaker
tin back on
Allan
smilie_pokal.gif Very nice. I'm going with 1/2" to tie into the stock air cleaner.
MecGen
Nice job
Why do some come with, some not.
I have 2 sets and they all have vents origionaly
Cheers
Joe

beerchug.gif
opera guy
plug that vent hole up til you're ready to hookup the hoses, otherwise, you might accidentally get a piece of chopsticks in there, trust me i know what im talking about lol2.gif
just kidding

looks good. is that the vent that connectsto the T connector (?) on the fan shroud?
Dave_Darling
Cool, Curt!

The intake runner on the right (passenger's) side will be a bitch to remove if you have a hose on that fitting... Especially if there's a hose clamp on it.

--DD
pete-stevers
or worse....chow mein...then you will really need the chopsticks chairfall.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Joe, all 75/76 came ventless.

Opera guy, lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif . Yes, they were connected to a valve mounted to the rear of the fan shroud.
Mueller
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Feb 23 2005, 06:13 PM)
Joe, all 75/76 came ventless.

Opera guy, lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif . Yes, they connected to a valve mounted to the rear of the fan shroud.

i'm betting due to emissions they left them covered up.....
TheCabinetmaker
That is my best guess Mike.
Rhodes71/914
Just did mine today as well. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.