Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Checking in from NJ!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Made it to Newark!

This tiny Pocket PC keyboard blows... (So does Miles !)

I think I am going to get screwed by the snow!

I should get out of here at noon, and then head S on I-95!

Wish me luck!

Qarl

Aaron Cox
pick up an accent yet?

hows that fudge taste qarl? biggrin.gif
seanery
good luck!

If it snows remember to leave lots of room between you and the guy in front of you. And be careful of the guy behind you.

have fun! driving.gif
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

Harry-balz-onya

iamchappy
Good luck Qarl keep us informed, Word of caution, Miles needs to be disinfected before any funny stuff.
KaptKaos
You're in Jersey? What exit?

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Being from Jersey, I am allowed to say shit like that. Any you other jokers step up with lines like that and I'll send my cousin Johnny to come visit ya'. wink.gif

Drive safe.
Qarl
Just caught the weather channel

I-95 corridor is supposed to get plowable snow.

Rate is 1" per hour.

Problem is that it is coming from DC and heading towards me.

I might have to wait it out.

Can anybody figure out when it's supposed to clear up and when the roads might be safer!

I am limited with mytiny PC!

Thx!

Q
Joe Bob
Watch out for sleeping fishes.....or izzit, cement filled trash cans.... blink.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 23 2005, 07:31 PM)
Watch out for sleeping fishes.....or izzit, cement filled trash cans.... blink.gif

You talkin' to me?
GWN7
The weather channel says head South fast as you can.

up to 1" of snow tonight and 4"-6" tomorrow

I'd drive as far South as I could and hope you out run the worst of it before you need to sleep
bd1308
yeah run man and go to florida
scotty914
i live in the area that you have to drive thru, ( you will be 1/2 mile from my house and about 50 yards from my 914 ) i would bet you will be fine. most of the east coast in this area is very good at plowing snow, and 95 almost never gets any build up over 1/2 inch. if you can, dont cross in to maryland till 9 am, before that and you can turn a 2 hour drive ( md to va ) into 5 to 6 hour drive.

if you need a break give me a call, and we can go eat lunch or something beerchug.gif , even my treat if you like wendys, mkdonalds, taco bell etc. barf.gif

just so know the area i am in baltimore city just north of the tunnels, and 2 mins off of 95
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 23 2005, 07:26 PM)
You're in Jersey? What exit?

Drive safe.

It goes what part of Jersey are you in? Well tell her I said "hey"
redshift
The weather channel says all clear.... get on the road.

What exit are you off of?

M
SLITS
Joisy, Joisy....nobody really wants to go to Joisy...it's full of ill-tempered, ill-mannered New Yawkers with inferiority complexes.

Guido is a puss.
Lou W
Are you there yet? smile.gif

Drive safely driving.gif
vortrex
get the elise ready for a nice salt bath, they dump it on thick out here.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 23 2005, 09:25 PM)

Some guy from Philly is talking about jersey salting its roads? At least in Jersey, they have highways with more than 2 lanes, that aren't under construction for 15 years running!

BTW: Pennsy has the second highest population of retirees, next to Fla. Tell ya something about how they drive there?
airsix
For the love of humanity tell us about the car, man. Tell us about the car! boldblue.gif
-Ben M.
vortrex
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 23 2005, 10:08 PM)
QUOTE (vortrex @ Feb 23 2005, 09:25 PM)

Some guy from Philly is talking about jersey salting its roads? At least in Jersey, they have highways with more than 2 lanes, that aren't under construction for 15 years running!

BTW: Pennsy has the second highest population of retirees, next to Fla. Tell ya something about how they drive there?

you aren't going to see my argue this point.
rick 918-S
Do not stop anywhere near DC if you want to keep that car! Remember When I posted about my rental car getting stolen in broad daylight at 1:00 pm on a Saturday afternoon? Don't stop in DC!
redshift
Here, let me clue you guys in..

Karl is strapped to a rental bed, in a 10kt headwind... he's frozen... unable to drive.

He is considering having the car flown to good weather... LMAO! They built it in England!

He hasn't even picked the car up yet, for fear of it getting wet!

M
Spoke
Not sure why everyone disses NJ. I grew up in Pittsburgh, lived in NJ for 4 years and quite liked it. Moved back to PA when I couldn't afford a home.

A couple of years ago, the state of PA dissed NJ by putting up a sign on the PA-NJ border on RT 78 that read:

"Welcome to Pennsylvania. America starts here"

The sign only stayed up for a month or 2.

Spoke
iamchappy
Qarl could install a set of Blizzaks and strap a few bags of sand to the rear. confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Qarl stopped in DC to have his picture taken by the Capitol. He handed his camera phone to a crackhead for the photo..... That's why we haven't heard from him! ohmy.gif No photos, No phone calls! sad.gif happy11.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Spoke @ Feb 24 2005, 04:36 AM)
Not sure why everyone disses NJ. I grew up in Pittsburgh, lived in NJ for 4 years and quite liked it. Moved back to PA when I couldn't afford a home.

A couple of years ago, the state of PA dissed NJ by putting up a sign on the PA-NJ border on RT 78 that read:

"Welcome to Pennsylvania. America starts here"

The sign only stayed up for a month or 2.

Spoke

Hey Spoke,

I grew up in Clinton NJ, not too far from you.

I'd bet WZZO is playing Led Zeppelin right now! wink.gif Get out to Herb's much? chairfall.gif

I miss my home town a lot, Dad lives there, so I get back every year. I get to drive my teener year round out here tho.

iamchappy
I got off the phone with Qarl, apparently his PDA got erased. He plans on sitting the storm out and waiting till Saturday before he heads south.
vortrex
that's a good idea, we are having a white out right now in southern NJ!
Qarl
Hey... I am here in NJ

I am going to wait until Saturday mornign to get the car. (So for those asking, I don't have it yet.)

I figured the snow will be over tonight/tomorrow morning and then a day for the roads to clear.

Then I can drive home Saturday/Sunday. Plus there will be less traffic.

For those, South of me... keep me posted on road conditions and weather (especially I-95).

Thanks.

fiid
Qarl - you know elises aren't make of steel right - so it's not going to rust before you get home with the salt.... :-)

clap.gif boldblue.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif
ArtechnikA
so - you wanna get together for dinner or something on Friday ? normally i'd suggest tonight but Joy has a late meeting and she has the Subaru - i'm no moe inclined to bring an early 911 to Jersey than you are to drive the Lotus... (right now, it's light flurries and nothing sticking here in Montgomery County ...)

-=-=-=-=-=-=EDIT - UPDATE-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ok - traded a couple of PM's with Qarl and we're setting something up for Friday (2005-02-25) evening. i don't know the area (Newark airport, I-78 & I-95) but Qarl's got all day Friday to scout locations...

anybody else up for an impromptu get-together? all you PA/NJ guys ?
once we get closer to establishing a time & place i'll spam the 914 RennList too ...
airsix
QUOTE (fiid @ Feb 24 2005, 10:17 AM)
Qarl - you know elises aren't make of steel right - so it's not going to rust before you get home with the salt.... :-)

clap.gif boldblue.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif

Salt+water does TERIBLE things to Aluminum.

-Ben M.
redshift
Shhhh...

Nothing CLR won't kind of fix.

M
airsix
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 24 2005, 11:33 AM)
Shhhh...

M

Miles, I'm going to get in trouble for encouraging you, but I've got to say you're about the funniest guy I've ever sort of known. Keep it up. You crack me up with every line.

-Ben M.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (airsix @ Feb 24 2005, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 24 2005, 11:33 AM)
Shhhh...

M

Miles, I'm going to get in trouble for encouraging you, but I've got to say you're about the funniest guy I've ever sort of known. Keep it up. You crack me up with every line.

-Ben M.

dUDE.....MilEs is SanTy ClaUs...he doan exist..... blink.gif
redshift
Look, you don't exist to me, and I don't exist to you, and that's all fine, but the funny part is you answer to four blondes, and there isn't JACK you can do about it!

laugh.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.