Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm going to end up on super secret probation but
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I really don't mind THAT much, but Who locked my thread. I wanted to bump it up over the next few weeks to see if there were any Eastern travelers on the fence. Do we have to lock all these? confused24.gif
drew365
Maybe WCC is sold out due to overwhelming demand, and management is looking to control the crowds of gate crashers. Or, maybe there's another reason. confused24.gif
Jeroen
Hey Rick,

It ain't locked, it's moved
I did that. Moved it to the WCC2005 forum, but kept the link visible in the 914 Garage as well

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 23 2005, 08:07 PM)
I did that. Moved it to the WCC2005 forum, but kept the link visible in the 914 Garage as well

yeah, cept, no one goes to the wcc05 forum. moving a new thread that had 0 (zero) replies seems kinda stupid ...

beerchug.gif ( biggrin.gif ) Andy
redshift
YES THAT SEEMS STUPID!

ADMIN FIGHT!!!!

-popcorn-

M
Jeroen
Keeping track of new WCC2005 posts and moving them beats finding 'em all later and moving them then (like I did for 2004)
redshift
Yeah Andy, what do you say to that?

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 23 2005, 08:27 PM)

depends on how much of your popcorn you're willing to share ...

biggrin.gif Andy
iiibdsiil
I will get you your OWN bag. How's that sound? Now what's your response?
SLITS
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 23 2005, 09:27 PM)

M

Ich bin der Superdeutsche. Was auch immer ich sage, ist recht. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (SLITS @ Feb 23 2005, 08:52 PM)
Ich bin der Superdeutsche. Was auch immer ich sage, ist recht. biggrin.gif

that would have been my first choice ...

2nd would be: a brand new thread will likely stay on the first page for a while and get some responses. you can still easily catch it when it falls off to the 2nd page.

or, even better, contact the owner of the thread and tell them to let you know when people start loosing interest in that thread so you can then move it over to the forum.

my point was that now that his thread is moved, the link will move off the first page very quick and even if the actual thread gets additional posts, the link will not be bumped up to the front page as well.
for a thread that was only in the main forum for a few minutes and had 0 replies, that's a death sentence.

unless you can think of a good way to get people (and i don't mean miles) to go to the wcc forum. i bet 'ya most of the not so frequent posters don't even know it's there ...

now bring on the popcorn!
aktion035.gif Andy
SLITS
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 23 2005, 09:59 PM)
unless you can think of a good way to get people (and i don't mean miles) to go to the wcc forum. i bet 'ya most of the not so frequent posters don't even know it's there ...

aktion035.gif Andy

We're dissing Howie and ignoring the WCC 'cause he stole the 2.7 on the Craiglist.........he sniped us and now he's gonna pay.
iiibdsiil
Kettle corn okay? That's all I have here.
SirAndy
QUOTE (iiibdsiil @ Feb 23 2005, 09:07 PM)
Kettle corn okay? That's all I have here.

i'd prefer "Korn" ...

beerchug.gif Andy
rick 918-S
Well, Sorry Jeroen.... biggrin.gif but I was attempting to get people to visit the Locked thread at the top of the page. Like Andy said, No one goes there.

It's nice to flash a message in front of the group every three of four days as the event gets closer. It helps get people off the fence.

That said... Who's on the Fence! And what can we do to get you off! (no dancing girls) Unless you travel to Vegas to meet up with the eastern group.
redshift
I demand you guys don't use that strange oompaloompa language, it freaks me out.

Thanks.

Oh, do any of you know a nice girl for Aaron? Contact Aaron, poor thing.

M
VegasRacer
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 23 2005, 08:59 PM)
aktion035.gif  Andy

Here ya go Andy. user posted image user posted image
redshift
This could have been alot of fun, but NOOOOOO.

M
Jeroen
geeeezzzz... keep your socks on laugh.gif
I was under the impression that if it was bumped from either forum, it would bump in the other as well
Just tried it, but it doesn't confused24.gif
So... I moved it back to the garage

Happy now?

Yack.gif
Bleyseng
Where is the linky to this thread you is talking about?? Seems like this fighting thread has more interest than the original one.haha
Pass the popcorn...and a beer.

biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Feb 24 2005, 05:03 AM)
geeeezzzz... keep your socks on laugh.gif
I was under the impression that if it was bumped from either forum, it would bump in the other as well
Just tried it, but it doesn't confused24.gif
So... I moved it back to the garage

Happy now?

Yack.gif

Thanks Pal! clap.gif Your the Best! pray.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.