Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KONI Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Hello All,
I am thinking about getting a pair of KONI Sport Alternative for the rear of my car with a set of 220 lb springs. This car will be use primarily for recreation on the weekends (no racing). I am not sure what is in the front but the rears need to be replaced. Currently I have KONI Special D' with what I believe to be the stock springs. Can anyone comment on the Sport Alternatives with the 220 lbs springs and or make other recommendations.

Thanks,
Dan
ChrisReale
220 is pretty stiff. I would recommend 150#'s for recreational driving. Remember, what you change in the rear will directly influence what you need to do in the front. If you have stock front suspension, and you put 220#'s in the rear it is going to be very tail happy. I would get an adjustable front sway bar, like the one from tarett, and get 150# rear springs. That will provide a sporty handling car without the jaw ratteling stiffness that 220 will give.
If you are refering to the Koni "yellows", they are a great shock.
Joe Ricard
agree.gif
I have 150 lbs rear coil over and stock front torsion bars.
Weltmiester front bar and stock rear bar. It's sporty all right. anything stiffer and I would have to trailer it to the Autocross events.
Trekkor
I'm running 150#er's on Koni Yellow's as well. Good streetable combo.

KT
TravisNeff
My suspension has been done a piece at a time, koni yellows 150lb springs (stock torsion bars and no swaybar). Actually it was fine on the street (no curvy roads in PHX) by stiffening up the fronts. Then added 22mm torsion bars (still no swaybar) still gud. Anyhow, if you are deciding between yellows or reds - just get the yellows.
seanery
I'm really happy with my Koni yellows on 125 with adjustable perches.
solex
Ok, thank you all for your suggestions. I will start looking for some Koni Yellows with 150lb springs. Anyone have a good used set for sale?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.