Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you say OUCH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
HERE

Strange Vin: VIN Number: T4259759015
xsboost90
man, about every panel on that thing is beat. You know what that thing is good for...stand it on its nose and bolt it to the wall in a bar. wink.gif
bd1308
SOMEBODY STOLE MY FREGGIN CAR.......!!!!!!! J/K but looks EXACTLY to what my 914 looked like after the wreck....

EDIT: Woah! it really looks bad, hell mine was drivable after the wreck hehe......still ran like crap wink.gif
michel richard
Nic eto see how the front of the car crumples before the passenger compartment starts being distorted at all. The more I see pictures of our little cars sustaining damage, the more I realize how safe they seem to be.

Michel
bd1308
yeah.....i was impressed too! I love my 914......after the shock caused from the wreck, I called my mom and (tried) to discuss with her just how safe it was....literally it does what you say. The hood crumples so you keep your head, and the front end absorbs impact smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
I claim dibs on this car, no one else bid on it. wink.gif Honestly,
I am going to call the guy and see if I can check it out, its only 2 hrs from me. It just might have some good metal on it. I will report back what I find out.
GWN7
Email from the sellar "vin is 4722902720 is the vin on the title" wink.gif biggrin.gif
Toast
yea, but how well is the side impact. huh.gif
I seem to get from the side........ maybe I should paint a big target on the passenger side of my vehicles. mad.gif
aircooledboy
I was looking at this a few minutes ago. ohmy.gif

Garold, you proly oughta take a quick look at his feed back before dealing with this seller. Wholey crap, looks like this guy has pissed more than a few people off. laugh.gif
bd1308
itsa914, pm me if you dont want that 1.8....i'll buy it from you for a good price! I kinda want one, bc i heard they are good engines.....
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Feb 24 2005, 10:41 AM)
I was looking at this a few minutes ago. ohmy.gif

Garold, you proly oughta take a quick look at his feed back before dealing with this seller. Wholey crap, looks like this guy has pissed more than a few people off. laugh.gif

Yep, iknow. I called but no answered. It will go for more than I am willing to pay. Heck, its already more than I am willing to pay.

I just found a 73 1.7 that is complete that I think i can get for under $500. The seller is asking $800 OBO, but if I bring cash I think it will go for $500 or less.

My father in law found a 76 over in South Bend at a tire / auto repair shop. The guys was asking..... $7600 but then marked down to $5500. My father checked it out and was told they would take $3000 for it. We went and looked at it over the weekend, yep a $3000 car with the custom battery tray with a view of the ground via the hell hole. I was afraid to take the roof off and open the doors, it will fold in half. It is a complete car so I did offer $300 for it, needless to say I was told to go flipa.gif biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 24 2005, 12:20 PM)
itsa914, pm me if you dont want that 1.8....i'll buy it from you for a good price! I kinda want one, bc i heard they are good engines.....

The car is a 72 so if it is stock then the motor is a 1.7 not 1.8.
bd1308
but it has the sideways throttle body, wouldn't that make it a 1.8?
redshift
So, in 1988.. yes... I was talked into the *fact* that the Saab 9000 CD was what I needed... so I went down to Saaby Saaberton Saab, and I bought one, and man, it was really nice... and I drove it that week, and I got on a plane... and two days later, I was in Minnieatropolis, Minniesoda and a 16-17' long boat went over the top of my Saab, while it was sitting at a red light, about to turn left.

I wasn't there, but the person related to me, who is 10 years younger, and still owes me a good Saab was, and he's still shitting in his pants, and that car looked about like that teener, before they didn't total it..

mad.gif

I dunno, call me a romantic, I like the teener wreck better.

M
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 24 2005, 12:35 PM)
but it has the sideways throttle body, wouldn't that make it a 1.8?

Nope. That would make it "not a 2.0". The 2.0 914 motors (and 912E motors) had the vertical throttle body; all the others (1.7, 1.8, Bus 2.0) had the horizontal throttle body.

You can tell from the inlets and such on the air cleaner that it's a 72. It's got the inlet for warm air--a feature that I don't think was ever hooked up.

--DD
rich brennick
This "company" is the sales arm of Auto Sports Unlimited, a company specializing in European salvage parts and such.
The parts end does "quite well" judging by the prices quoted to me for some misc. stuff. A tad rich for my blood.

The "buy 'em wrecked/ sell 'em wrecked" biz. is new to them.

I am through Holland twice a week and can see how bent it is and take some more explicit shots if anyone needs them.

Geez, another post! Hi Chris! Hi Rick! rocking nana.gif

Rich B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.