914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
PotterPorsche
Nice job andrew
EdwardBlume
Its a good day when you beat out a handful of GT3s. shades.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 28 2015, 09:40 PM) *

Autocross is not a fair gunfight for the GT3... But let's celebrate anyway! cheer.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 4 2015, 05:51 PM) *

Autocross is not a fair gunfight for the GT3... But let's celebrate anyway! cheer.gif

For those dollars, it should be.
Randal
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 5 2015, 08:50 AM) *

Was watching a well driven GT-3 down at the Marina last weekend. It is unbelievable how fast those cars shift. It's just bang bang bang and off they go.

Somewhat of a monster advantage over a 901, hey?

EdwardBlume
Keep it down, but after driving a Spyder and Cayman R with PDK, I would gladly drive a PDK. I would think a GT3 with such technology would be magical on any race course. Even more magical is the 914 and driver that beats it.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 5 2015, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 5 2015, 08:50 AM) *

Was watching a well driven GT-3 down at the Marina last weekend. It is unbelievable how fast those cars shift. It's just bang bang bang and off they go.

Somewhat of a monster advantage over a 901, hey?

The 914 advantage slips a bit at Marina. Very big patch of concrete..

Probably the biggest problem the GT3 has is that with all that power, things happen very fast. If you can keep up, you're an exceptional driver. An autocross they say is four times faster than a road course. Gives the GT3 driver a little more time to work with...
I'd love to see Larry Sharp or Steve Nieslony or even Randal pilot a GT3. These are guys who go fast in anything they drive!
grantsfo
Monty P driving GGR events is a pretty quick driver and he picked up a nice 2014 GT3. Was talking with him at Marina and he is still trying to figure out the car and which setting to use. Important to remember most all the 991 gt3s are on street tires. I was peddling as fast as I could in an A7 clad Cayman S and was barely holding him off. The power and traction these cars make is mind boggling. Lightweight 914 on race slicks should hold GT3 off in AX but if a street car was ever capable of beating a race car the new 991 GT3 has best chance. They are just brutal. Those PDK trannys kicking down to 1st gear with 9000 rpm is a sight and sound that sends shivers up my spine. Wish I could justify putting $140k down for one. That's $100k more than my Cayman S just hard to justify that $$$ growing up in 914s.
Randal
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 15 2015, 07:33 PM) *

Monty P driving GGR events is a pretty quick driver and he picked up a nice 2014 GT3. Was talking with him at Marina and he is still trying to figure out the car and which setting to use. Important to remember most all the 991 gt3s are on street tires. I was peddling as fast as I could in an A7 clad Cayman S and was barely holding him off. The power and traction these cars make is mind boggling. Lightweight 914 on race slicks should hold GT3 off in AX but if a street car was ever capable of beating a race car the new 991 GT3 has best chance. They are just brutal. Those PDK trannys kicking down to 1st gear with 9000 rpm is a sight and sound that sends shivers up my spine. Wish I could justify putting $140k down for one. That's $100k more than my Cayman S just hard to justify that $$$ growing up in 914s.

The 991 GT3 would be nuts on a hill as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.