Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributer Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just had 914 tuned up and mechanic said I need a new plate inside the distributer, it's getting loose; and because it's a twist in, screws, etc, don't help.Right now, he says I can drive on it a little more...

This 914 is a 1975, manufactured in 7/74 and has the 1.8L FI motor.

Can I get a replacement new, used, and where ?
Is there a better solution now that I am at this point ?
Is there a cleaver work-around ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim
JoeSharp
Hi Jim: You know that, that box of parts that I tyred to give you last time you were here, has a dist. in it. Come by and get it.
biggrin.gif Joe
jim_hoyland
Are there any known upgrades for the distributer that might be compatible with the MSD 6AL. There's a MSD in the car but it was never hooked up; it was too much for my friendly neighborhood non-certified mech; and beyond my s&a
Mueller
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Feb 24 2005, 07:43 AM)
Are there any known upgrades for the distributer that might be compatible with the MSD 6AL. There's a MSD in the car but it was never hooked up; it was too much for my friendly neighborhood non-certified mech; and beyond my s&a

are you running points or an electronic ignition?

sometimes with a slightly worn distributor, the electronic ignition can help....

you can install a brand new aftermarket distributer, a Mallory unit with points start at about $150, then the next step would be the Mallory Unilite, for about $250

jim_hoyland
It's a points type; what is the MAllory part number ?
Mueller
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Feb 24 2005, 08:08 AM)
It's a points type; what is the MAllory part number ?

aircooled.net Mallory distributors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.