Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Pic's of how the Jack Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I'll also need to see the req'd hardware and the location of attach points. You guessed it. I need to relo the jack on my 73 which is a conversion so I thought about using the old wheel style mount. TIA, Kent
Dave_Darling
The old style only works with the old jack, which is mostly there for decoration...

--DD
rgalla9146
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 22 2015, 08:29 PM) *

I'll also need to see the req'd hardware and the location of attach points. You guessed it. I need to relo the jack on my 73 which is a conversion so I thought about using the old wheel style mount. TIA, Kent

????
r_towle
It should go in a bag with a real scissor Jack too.
76-914
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 22 2015, 06:30 PM) *

The old style only works with the old jack, which is mostly there for decoration...

--DD

Sorry for the slow response time. Work demands before pleasure. biggrin.gif So it doesn't work so well, huh? I was just looking for a tidy look.

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 22 2015, 07:22 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 22 2015, 08:29 PM) *

????

I assumed there would be a tab or two to weld into place.

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 22 2015, 07:28 PM) *

It should go in a bag with a real scissor Jack too.

And guess what? I have a damn good one from the Subaru that I cannibalized for the conversion. It even has the "cut out" to clear the seam on the bottom of the longs. Guess I'll take the OEM jack out and put the scissor jack in it's place. beerchug.gif
ChrisFoley
There's a pic of the early jack installation on pg 8 of the Haynes manual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.