Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intercooler Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I am shopping for a bar and plate intercooler on Ebay does it really matter if the core is a Spearco or a made in China bar and plate design, price can vary from 500 to under 200. As long as there big enough do you think it really will matter.
soloracer
I have a couple of 944 turbo intercoolers. They are of the bar and plate design. I'm keeping one for my 914 but will sell the other. Let me know if you are interested.
iamchappy
Thanks for the offer, my needs are more for a custom setup that I can incorpoate into my trunk, the 944 intercooler may not flow enough or fit well in a 914.
soloracer
Keep us posted on your intercooler install. I'm curious to see how and where you mount it. I'm looking into doing a roof scoop and mounting the intercooler in the back window area with the piping running straight down to the motor. If that doesn't look feasible then I will consider a trunk mount or rear mount. Where were you thinking?
iamchappy
Im thinking of incorporating windows with engine grill mesh into the rear spoiler. that way it is sure to grab the air and I could mount the intercooler accross the back of the trunk using an intercooler like this.
iamchappy
Or run it length wise and use a NACA duct grill mesh or scoop of some sort using an intercooler like this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.