Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
I'm going to go ahead and replace my alternator since I have everything apart and was wondering if the ones sold in my FLAPS will be okay. It seems that they all offer 3 primary brands, Duralast, Autolite and the Bosch rebuilds. The Duralast comes with a lifetime replacement warranty so I'm leaning that way. Any comments?
scruz914
You might consider getting a high output one from davep (look in the resources forum). He pumps original 50 amp units to 75 or 90 amps (your choice). The extra power is needed if you want to run high output amplifiers, brighter lights, etc. and keep your battery charged. Dave really stood by his commitment to deliver. The engine goes in this weekend.

-Jeff
drgchapman
I would also recommend a high out put alternator. I have high out put headlights that draw the voltmeter down to about 10 volts. I am buying a second alternator to have Dave rebuild and upgrade.

$00.02

Gary
Mark Henry
agree.gif

Dave's a good guy, I can't remember the price but it wasn't too much more.

Dave when you read this how much to do this trick to bug alterators? not a huge difference from a T4, email me buddy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.