Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Shell Wanted to Restore
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bretth
Hello,

Looking for a 914-6 to save. No motor no problem. Rust? OK! Rolling? great. Basket cases considered. Please email if you have.

welder.gif

Thank you for your time,
Brett
Cairo94507
welcome.png
Hi Brett - There are a few of those shells floating around that need the skill of a welder and then some. Be patient, one will pop up on here that fits the bill.
bretth
Great. Thanks Cairo!

Brett
bretth
Still looking.

Thanks,
Brett type.gif
iwanta914-6
Did you try bidding on that one on Ebay that ended up over $30K? Good luck in your search! The search is probably the fun part since after you find one, it's all work after that, lol.

There is this one I keep seeing. It was posted on thesamba a couple months ago but it's still on their website...

http://hymanltd.com/vehicles/5341-1971-porsche-914-6-targa/
bretth
I saw NY -6 on Ebay that ended the other day. Was only a hour away from me but price got up there quick. I already have a 911 motor that I want to use so I was hoping to get a roller needing a motor that I can put mine into. Almost bought a local 914-4 junker that had tons of rust when I got into "I gotta save them all mode". Later figured if I was willing to do the amount of fab and welding that this car needed I may as well wait and see if I can get a decent price on a real -6 that needed similar work.

I thought that 2nd car finally sold on Ebay a month or so back?

Brett
Nutter965
Is just me or does the hyman car look like a 4 ? Just the steering column is from a 4 and then there's the pic of the wiring loom with both Porsche stalks ... Maybe a numbers switch , only my thoughts ....
bretth
QUOTE(Nutter965 @ Jul 23 2015, 02:56 PM) *

Is just me or does the hyman car look like a 4 ? Just the steering column is from a 4 and then there's the pic of the wiring loom with both Porsche stalks ... Maybe a numbers switch , only my thoughts ....

Yeah sure is a giant hole where the dash mounted ignition is supposed to be. Hadn't noticed the column hole before you mentioned it. And no shots in the engine bay to see it there's a rain tray or -4 engine mounts. Has anyone seen any real attempts to fake a six with altered VIN tags and all?

Brett
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(bretth @ Jul 23 2015, 02:15 PM) *

Has anyone seen any real attempts to fake a six with altered VIN tags and all?

Brett

With how cheaply you can aquire a 914 shell, it could be a possibility if sellers can turn a $2000 -4 shell into $15K+ profit by altering VIN tags. Something to look out for when you are searching anyway.
gms
QUOTE(Nutter965 @ Jul 23 2015, 01:56 PM) *

I would not base my judgement about the authenticity of a car on an easily removed parts like a steering column unless it is a late model column. The late model steering column will not mount to a 914/6 bracket unless one or both of the parts are modified.

If you are interested in the car you should check the VINs, Karmann Number and look for inconsistencies in the cars body...I.E. clipped sections.
Meloosifah
The other thing to consider is the inconsistencies in the '71 -6's. There are several very late -6's that I am aware of that had transitional parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.