Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 2.0l heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pdr1787
2.0 heads for sale. they need some work but come with daul springs, rockers, etc.. they're are some issues withe the exhaust studs. a couple slighty bent and one has a not so great repair job (wasn't me haha) which will need some attention. 200 obo for each. willing to negotiate.
914runnow
Hey there...do you have a serial # for the
case these came off??
Thanx Rx
72914wrx
QUOTE(Pdr1787 @ Jun 23 2015, 07:38 PM) *

2.0 heads for sale. they need some work but come with daul springs, rockers, etc.. they're are some issues withe the exhaust studs. a couple slighty bent and one has a not so great repair job (wasn't me haha) which will need some attention. 200 obo for each. willing to negotiate.

Sorry to say those are not 2.0 heads they are 1.7 or 1.8 they have four bolt intakes .
Pdr1787
QUOTE(72914wrx @ Jun 23 2015, 10:44 PM) *

Sorry to say those are not 2.0 heads they are 1.7 or 1.8 they have four bolt intakes .

they have been machined/bored to 2.0l
Pdr1787
QUOTE(72914wrx @ Jun 23 2015, 10:44 PM) *

sorry no serial number
Michael RD
Can you post pic. of the chamber / cylinder counterbore ? (The other side.)
stugray
QUOTE(Pdr1787 @ Jun 24 2015, 02:51 PM) *

they have been machined/bored to 2.0l

They wont fit on a 2.0L engine - wrong tins...
McMark
Yup, spark plugs are in a different location.
rhodyguy
up side is 1.7 1.8 top tins are usually much less expensive and more readily available than the 2.0s. dif plug wires but so what?
davep
It is more about accuracy and disclosure than anything else.
These are not original 2.0 heads, and thus will not fit 2.0 tin.
Even the 1.7 & 1.8 differ in the intake tracts, so the original casting #'s would help identify the origin.
If they have been opened up to accept larger cylinders, that is important to know.
Have they also been modified for intake flow or valves? If not, then they will not flow like 2.0 heads either.
The value, and thus the asking price, depends on what they were originally, and what modifications have been done to them, as well as condition issues.
rhodyguy
my comment was based upon whether the refurbishing was truly done and can de documented. otherwise they are just non-914 2.0s and carry any like value for heads that might need guides and the usual other work. the dual springs might not be such a good selling point. glwts.
McMark
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 25 2015, 07:25 AM) *

up side is 1.7 1.8 top tins are usually much less expensive and more readily available than the 2.0s. dif plug wires but so what?

Because the real 2.0 spark plug location is better and makes more power. The 1.7 heads have small ports. The real 2.0 heads have a superior combustion chamber as well.

It's WAY more than just about top tins and plug wires.
rhodyguy
Ok, How much more power? We don't know the actual part #, what the valve sizes are, whether any port work has been performed. Your decoding of what I said is flawed. BADLY. I wonder if the push rod tubes were sealed with some colored goop?
mepstein
You really should change your ad if they are modded 1.7 heads and not real 2.0 heads.
McMark
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 25 2015, 04:18 PM) *

Ok, How much more power? We don't know the actual part #, what the valve sizes are, whether any port work has been performed. Your decoding of what I said is flawed. BADLY. I wonder if the push rod tubes were sealed with some colored goop?

Closer inspection of the pictures clearly shows they are Q heads and the breather ports make them 72 411/412 heads. The valves may have been changed but it's unreasonable to even speculate that the combustion chambers and port have been reworked.

But the point here is to help members who may not realize that these are not what most people would call 2.0 heads.
rhodyguy
I know.
Pdr1787
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 25 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Closer inspection of the pictures clearly shows they are Q heads and the breather ports make them 72 411/412 heads. The valves may have been changed but it's unreasonable to even speculate that the combustion chambers and port have been reworked.

But the point here is to help members who may not realize that these are not what most people would call 2.0 heads.

I totally understand what you are saying. i dont know much about the heads and would love to learn more. sorry i havent been more descriptive.
914_teener
QUOTE(Pdr1787 @ Jul 7 2015, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 25 2015, 07:32 PM) *

I totally understand what you are saying. i dont know much about the heads and would love to learn more. sorry i havent been more descriptive.

So...take a shot of the head numbers.

take a shot of the ports and valve sizes and post them.

That way people will know what is for sale....
Cairo94507
Integrity is a hard-earned and easily lost trait. Please do yourself a big favor and edit your add to reflect what you actually are selling now that you know and understand the difference. GLWTS. bye1.gif
stugray
I'll trade you a Rolex for them......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.