Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scottsdale, AZ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
Anyone up for dinner?

I should be in town by 2pm, but won't be able to check responses here until about 4pm.

If you'd like to get together, I can be reached at 505-301-5657.
TravisNeff
I'm game, depending on how moving goes today. 602.300.7102 We can treat you like you were home and hit Gardunos... oooooh baby carne adovada! chowtime.gif
jasons
If you really want to treat him like home, take him to Los Dos Molinos for some Hatch chili adovada. Fire is good! I would consider meeting you guys but I have a B-Day dinner to go to with the "future" in-laws.

BTW how long you in town for? I live/work in Snobsdale.
Series9
Cool. I'll check in with you guys later this afternoon. chowtime.gif
Series9
Hi guys,

I'm here. I should have regular internet service in my hotel room by 6:30pm or call me at 505-301-5657.

TravisNeff
Hey Joe, had enough moving for today! I'm gonna hop in the shower real quick and give you a buzz. What part of scottsdale are you in? North/South? beer3.gif
TravisNeff
Garduno's ok?

Here's a map

Garduno's Margarita Factory
8787 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253 - 2325
(480) 607-9222
TravisNeff
closer..
TravisNeff
Were meeting up there about a quarter to 8, so if anyone else wants to join in - come on down.
ppickerell
Not to hijack your thread but there is a furniture store in Scottsdale Marketplace called Dos Cabezas. I bought furniture there and when it arrived in cali it was in pieces and I got screwed for a couple of grand. So if your rental car unexpectedly veers out of control and crashes thru their window, I would be eternally grateful.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Just got back (8:40 PM) soory I missed you guys.

See everyone Sunday though.
jasons
So, I just got home from work about an hour ago. I had a pretty f'd up evening. I was at a seminar for a SW tool I use in Tempe. I left there at 4:00pm on my way home. On the freeway(202), my clutch takes a shit. I have a 944S2 I just got that is my current daily driver. 944's have a rubber center in the clutch disk. This rubber center is notorious for tearing. I am reasonably sure thats what happened here. I have had some doubts about the state of this clutch for a few weeks. Anyway, I call a tow truck. The guy shows up with a flatbed and proceeds to load my car. Why this is going on, I have to watch him pretty close. I mean, he is use to towing chevy's and crap. And, the 944 has no good lash points for towing. I guess Porsche was pretty optimistic on this car. after about 45 mins, this guy gets the rear wheels lashed with those Nylon webbing things they use on wheels. I watched him f with these things for 45 mins before he got them to work. Only they didn't work. We are approaching the intersection of 40th st and Cactus, about 3 miles from my house. Well if you weren't aware, there is a red light camera there. We get to that intersection and the light changes to yellow on that threshold of "should I nail it or slam the brakes?" Well he slams the brakes and the car comes loose and stops on the front of his bed. The nylon webbing deals I watched him F with for 45 mins broke loose. Go figure. So, now I watch him F with those things for another 30 mins and the front of my car has enough minor damage to force me to have him call his boss. By 8:00, the guy finally leaves. Its a full moon tonight.

I was holding out some hope of going to the Targa-Aid this weekend or the PCA DE event. but it looks like I will be underneath my 944. That clutch aint gonna be no fun. Its alot of work on those cars. The exhaust has to come off. There is a torque tube between the bellhousing on the engine and the transaxle in the back of the car. No fun at all.

When I'm not under my 944, I will have to get under my 914 it needs a fuel pump. Porsches can be a tortured love affair. Good thing I have my old reliable IHC Scout. That old girl has never let me down.

BTW HiFi guy, if any of those del sol guys are interested I have a Carbon Fiber hood for one of those cars. If you could put the word out, I would appreciate it.
Series9
Well, I just got back from dinner with Travis. Very nice guy. I think I convinced him to attend the WCC.

Thanks Travis!

Patrick: you did buy furniture from a place called 'two heads'. What did you expect? huh.gif

Hi Fi Guy: I'm sorry we missed you. I'd REALLY like to see your car.

Jason: sad.gif What can I say. Sorry dude. Have a beer.
jasons
Shit happens, I already had the beer. BTW I actually want to roll the S2 to the WCC.
TravisNeff
It was fun, sorry that the others couldn't make it.!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.