Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Lights areas covered up..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I got this bumper from Rennspeed because the foglight sections were supposedly not cut out, I thought there would just be a ridged area to fill in but it was really a pretty large (deep) area to fill. I probably misunderstood, oh well I like the way it turned out anyway.. Take a look.

Doug C
DougC
Here's another..
seanery
that looks nice. smile.gif
maf914
Doug,

Looks good. I like that.

Can you describe how you filled the recesses? Thanks.

I've sometimes wondered how simple round holes for fog lights would look.
redshift
I love the primer! What color are you going to paint it?

smile.gif

Nice!

M
Aaron Cox
paint them silver! that would look alot like the red 914/8 )no fogs)
DougC
I filled the recessed tray (which is essentially how the bumper came) with layers of cured fiberglass that I had laying around, actually sacraficed and old f/g rocker cover. I cut the sections out and sandwhiched them between resin and cloth and added small stainless screws/bolts. Then the final layer was a very thin layer of bondo. Next, lots of elbow grease for sanding and smoothing. Sandable primer, sand, then a couple of coats of Mar-hide Satin Black. The brackets on the back were WAYYY off, I have to cut them and recreate.

Doug C
Ferg
Wow Doug, Car looks great!! smilie_pokal.gif
did you get my email?
Ferg.
xsboost90
what are the holes behind the bumper? my car has raised spots for them but only actually has two of the holes cut out? is that for an oil cooler or something.
DougC
Yep, those are for the factory oil coolers on the GT race cars, I might be installing an a/c condensor there and finding another spot for my oil cooler (that I don't have yet). Oh and someone asked what color the bumper would be painted and well, that's it..Satin Black. Thanks for the complements, Ferg I got your email and will get back to you soon, been real hectic here at work lately.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.