Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Original Early Chrome Front Bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mike Fitton
My 914-6 front end met with a deer in French Lick, IN on Monday. Happened in the middle of the afternoon, I got lucky it was a baby Fawn, it still damaged my fog light grill and pushed in my bumper. Bumper can probably be hammered out but I am pursuing both avenues. Let me know if you have a really nice one. Thanks!
Cairo94507
Sorry to hear that Mike.
Hesaputz
Sent you a PM
Mike Fitton
Ended up getting my front bumper repaired and it came back like new. I went through a friend at a local body shop and paid $375 for repair and re-chrome. Paperwork said company name was Keystone in Minneapolis, MN.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Great. Thanks for info.
PlaysWithCars
Good lookin' car Mike, and that bumper turned out great! As I work on my original 914-6 I keep finding non-original parts. I knew that the rear bumpers of early cars had a different profile around the license plate, but didn't know that the front bumpers were different. What is the difference from a later bumper?
altitude411
Wow! thumb3d.gif That really looks great.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Nov 1 2015, 04:46 PM) *

Good lookin' car Mike, and that bumper turned out great! As I work on my original 914-6 I keep finding non-original parts. I knew that the rear bumpers of early cars had a different profile around the license plate, but didn't know that the front bumpers were different. What is the difference from a later bumper?

Later front bumper '73-'74 had the holes for the pads (tit's) I think that was only difference.
Mike Fitton
Bumper is still available.
Hoppie944s2
how much for the front bumper?
sfrenck
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 3 2015, 10:56 AM) *

Bumper is still available.

???
What bumper is available and how much?
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 3 2015, 06:55 AM) *

Later front bumper '73-'74 had the holes for the pads (tit's) I think that was only difference.

Okay. Yes, I knew about the holes for the bumperettes. That was the only difference I was aware of. I have a decent front bumper then that is of the right configuration. Thanks for clearing that up and I can now check that off of my list of needs.

So, what bumper do you have that is available? Any chance it's an early rear?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.