Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch MPS other options ? d-jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
Found this listing on a Bosch site and it shows a bunch of different applications that use the MPS similar to ours.

http://www.bosch-automotive-tradition.com/...mit_teaser.html

The part numbers all are 0 280 100 XXX

unfortunately none of the years of cars are listed.

a yard might charge less for an old Volvo part than for a Porsche part.

I wonder if any of these can be adjusted to work on our d-jet systems.

anyone have any experience with this?

Tbrown4x4
Well. If you go to the downloads tab on the page you posted, it has all the years and car models.

The specs are something else entirely. Honestly, my time is valuable enough to just get the diaphragm repair kit and be done with it. As often as the 914 MPS's fail, I would not put much faith in a junkyard MPS.
Dave_Darling
Most of them should have enough adjustment authority to bring them into spec for the 914. It is pretty hard to tell which will, though, before you actually try. It could get awfully expensive and time-consuming to figure out which cars have MPSes that can work... And, as Tbrown mentioned, the used ones may be bad already.

Probably less expensive and easier (in the sort run definitely!!) to get Racer Chris' (Tangerine Racing's) MPS repair kit for your original MPS.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.