Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
Just bought right and left side outer door handles from sierra madre there having a summer special $42.00 ea

Great deal.just thought I'd pass this along .
Tom_T
I see $89.95 sale price each side!?

What did you do for your special deal sb914!!?? biggrin.gif

..... Seriously though, is there an email discount that folks should know about to get the $42.00 each? confused24.gif

For those looking at them, note that it's the repro handles on sale - good discount vs. their regular price.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...-76-p18739.html

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...-76-p18067.html

Other door parts to compare factory parts prices:

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...oor-Parts-c722/

SMC's 914 parts section

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-914-6-70-76-c38/

For the Genuine handles it may be better to to use your 20% PCA discount at the dealer, if you're looking for pure correctness.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
sb914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 25 2015, 08:40 AM) *

I see $89.95 sale price each side!?

What did you do for your special deal sb914!!?? biggrin.gif

..... Seriously though, is there an email discount that folks should know about to get the $42.00 each? confused24.gif

For those looking at them, note that it's the repro handles on sale - good discount vs. their regular price.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...-76-p18739.html

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...-76-p18067.html

Other door parts to compare factory parts prices:

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-9...oor-Parts-c722/

SMC's 914 parts section

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/914-914-6-70-76-c38/

For the Genuine handles it may be better to to use your 20% PCA discount at the dealer, if you're looking for pure correctness.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

In the ad , when you scroll down to (summer specials its lists in red $42.00 ea
sb914
Check it out .Click to view attachment
brant
how do the reproductions hold up?
913B
Do you have to register and login to see summer special
era vulgaris
I could use a new passenger door handle, but I don't see anything labeled "summer special" confused24.gif
sb914
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jun 25 2015, 09:10 AM) *

Do you have to register and login to see summer special

Nope , just go on there web and find summer specials. I actually called my order in to make sure they were $ 42.00
sb914
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jun 25 2015, 09:12 AM) *

I could use a new passenger door handle, but I don't see anything labeled "summer special" confused24.gif

I would call in order same price 888-986-4466
cal914
Ive just bought 2 pairs hope the quality's good
URY914
I hope these are not the same reproductions that AA was or maybe is still selling. There is a good reason they are so cheap. Once someone recieves thier's please post a picture of one next to an original handle.
914bub
If someone could post some pictures once they receive them that would be great. Either side by side or just detailed pictures of the repops. I'd like a pair but want to see the quality first. Also a report on how they fit would be great.
Cj Honeycutt
loaded and reloaded the page, no way to find this "Special". Maybe someone could send a link from the special link ??
Sedonut
It is not on their website, you have to call it in. It was in an email special they sent to their list subscribers.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Sedonut @ Jun 25 2015, 07:52 PM) *

It is not on their website, you have to call it in. It was in an email special they sent to their list subscribers.

agree.gif

You must call in. I received mine today and will try to get some photos of OEM and repop.
Hank914
So has anybody installed these?

Wondering about the install process and any tips and tricks.

I searched but did not find anything here nor on Pelican.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Hank914 @ Jun 30 2015, 12:55 PM) *

These are plug and play - one of the easiest things to do on a 914.

10mm wrench
Allen wrench
1 minute later done!
Hank914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 30 2015, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Hank914 @ Jun 30 2015, 12:55 PM) *

These are plug and play - one of the easiest things to do on a 914.

10mm wrench
Allen wrench
1 minute later done!

I can gain access (with the door open) to get at the 10mm bolt, so I got that off. But there is still something holding he handle to the door. Is that the fastener that the Allen wrench takes off?

Click to view attachment

Do I have to take the door panel off to get at that?

Or do I have to open the outside door handle and hold it open? That does not seem to be the case. So I bet I have to remove the door panel, eh?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Hank914 @ Jun 30 2015, 03:01 PM) *

I can gain access (with the door open) to get at the 10mm bolt, so I got that off. But there is still something holding he handle to the door. Is that the fastener that the Allen wrench takes off?

Do I have to take the door panel off to get at that?

Or do I have to open the outside door handle and hold it open? That does not seem to be the case. So I bet I have to remove the door panel, eh?

Now that you mention it my door panel was off........ headbang.gif
t collins
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 27 2015, 04:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Sedonut @ Jun 25 2015, 07:52 PM) *

agree.gif

You must call in. I received mine today and will try to get some photos of OEM and repop.

How is the quality? popcorn[1].gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(t collins @ Jun 30 2015, 03:56 PM) *

I took some pictures and I will post when I can get them of the camera. The chrome is shiny but I could see slight waves. Fit was good but time will tell if the casting can stand up to the rigors of use.
Larmo63
Yes, the door panel has to be taken off to get to the allen head. It is a 5mm if i remember correctly. That takes longer than the R & R of the handle. While you're in there, take out the door latch mechanism and clean/degrease it and re-oil/grease. You will be happy you did and the handle & slider will last you a whole lot longer.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 30 2015, 05:00 PM) *

QUOTE(t collins @ Jun 30 2015, 03:56 PM) *

I took some pictures and I will post when I can get them of the camera. The chrome is shiny but I could see slight waves. Fit was good but time will tell if the casting can stand up to the rigors of use.

I just realized this laptop has an SD reader so here are 2 pictures. If there is a particular image you want I will take it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 30 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Yes, the door panel has to be taken off to get to the allen head. It is a 5mm if i remember correctly. That takes longer than the R & R of the handle. While you're in there, take out the mechanism and clean/degrease it and re-oil/grease. You will be happy you did and the handle & slider will last you a whole lot longer.

agree.gif

There are many points of friction in that mechanism it is amazing that it ever worked. Keep it oiled/greased. Door handles would last a lot longer if this mechanism was maintained.
URY914
So these are EXACT copies of the original?

No effort was made to correct some of the weak points of the original design?

Why the big gap in the joint of the new one?

Kansas 914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 30 2015, 05:40 PM) *

So these are EXACT copies of the original?

No effort was made to correct some of the weak points of the original design?

Why the big gap in the joint of the new one?

Hi Paul,

No one knows these handles better than you. I think the "gap" is the way the light was hitting the bevel on the handle.

Let me compare and take more pictures.
sb914
They seem to be nice,haven't installed yet
time will tell.
URY914
One of the problems with the previous reproductions was the size of the body side of the handle. When I say the "body side" I mean the body being the piece with the lock cylinder in it. On those it didn't line up with the "flapper" or the part you pull to release the handle.

echocanyons
Looks like the sale ended yesterday.

If you anyone is interested they may be able to retroactivate the sale price today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.