Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK better PICTURES... 914-6 Back home after 16 years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
Wow I never would have figured I would have this car back in my garage, I certainly never imagined it would be in my garage with me as the owner.
This was my best fiend & his wife car before he went to Porsche heaven way to soon. He was my partner in crime for night time runs down the 118 freeway and toke me aside to teach me many lessons in life. Miss ya buddy.

Moving forward his wife keep his great little collection of cars for the last 16 years with this little Yellow 914 car getting a mini street Resto, in 2001. before going to Atlanta where it lived for the last 16 years. When I shipped the car in 2002 it was emotional. Kinda like loosing my friend again.
I cant express how overwhelmingly grateful I was to get a call from his wife saying its time! Time to let the first car go from the collection and it was offered to me. I have always loved this car its history and the improvement that went into it over the years. It will sit next to my red 9146 that I have owned for 25 years.
Heeltoe914
ggg
Heeltoe914
hhh
Heeltoe914
ff
jor
Congratulations, L, on the 914, but also for keeping your friend's memory alive and well. It couldn't have gone to a better guy. Jor
sb914
Wow, full circle,she's in good hands. congrats !beautiful
Tom_T
Congratz on the happy reunion! smile.gif
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rhodyguy
WOW< WOW< WOW! congrats on the re-buy!
Mueller
Too cool...thanks for sharing!
7TPorsh
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
I love a happy ending. This is just what your friend would have wanted and I am sure his wife knew that. Congratulations! Now post up some serious pictures of that beauty please. smilie_pokal.gif
Heeltoe914
Thanks guys for your comments. The plan is to get her running, she had no spark from gummed up points and rotor. I Drained the fuel and I am trying to get the bad fuel smell out of my garage. I think the years of sitting has caused some oil to leak into the exhaust and muffler via the rings or guides.
Heeltoe914
Agreed better picture will be taken Friday when I am back in the shop.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jun 25 2015, 10:17 AM) *

Thanks guys for your comments. The plan is to get her running, she had no spark from gummed up points and rotor. I Drained the fuel and I am trying to get the bad fuel smell out of my garage. I think the years of sitting has caused some oil to leak into the exhaust and muffler via the rings or guides.

Nice story! and that is quick to replace driver side mirror.
rhodyguy
Right angle stem on the mirror too. Clever.
Blue6
Congrats Leamon, your a good friend and your buddy's wife recognized that. Can't wait to see it.
Heeltoe914
After 12 hours of service including draining 1.5 quarts of oil from Muffler, clean cap rotor. change oil. Carb accelerator pump leak and other stuff. MoNasty ( as she has been called for 20 years ) had her first drive it was great. lots of oil burn off but still great. Here are some better pictures. Yes I am having fun can you tell? Click to view attachment
Heeltoe914
uuu
Heeltoe914
pop
Heeltoe914
tt
Heeltoe914
I will take smaller pic
Heeltoe914
smaller pic I get it.
carr914
beer.gif
Maltese Falcon
Great reunion Leamon , did you grab the Maybach as well ? laugh.gif
Click to view attachment
iamchappy
Nice......
Really Nice.. Congrats..
EdwardBlume
What a beauty. Enjoy your car and keep appreciating your friends!
horizontally-opposed
Great looking car!

Ah, old, fat Yokohamas. wub.gif If only...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.