Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Temp/Press
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Alphaogre
I have a 1970 1.7. The car came with dual Weber carbs and minor head work, thats all I can tell for now with out pulling the motor apart.

Anyway, I am starting to do some AX and Time trials, the car does not currently have a oil temp or press. gauge or correlating sensors in it. I am looking to add these sensors and have them read through a multi gauge. I have the donor 911 gauge, but I don't want to pull my current gauge apart until I know I can get these sensors in.

So for the temp I have been looking for the "taco plate" but I was wondering if I could just pull the plate, mill a hole and weld in a bung that the sensor would screw into?

is the angle of the sensor in the taco plate have any importance?

Second option is if there is a drain plug replacement like the below link?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-PORSCHE-VDO-300...f33&vxp=mtr

Any help with would be great. Any parts would be even better! biggrin.gif
Harpo
You need one of John's triple gauge kits

Click to view attachment
Alphaogre
Yea, that is the multi gauge I was referring to... Just want to make sure I have the sensors set before I pull the trigger in ordering his kit.
LukeD
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jun 25 2015, 03:29 PM) *

You need one of John's triple gauge kits

Click to view attachment

Link to this kit?
markb
I have a taco plate stashed somewhere you can have cheap. GPR sells a set of the gaskets. PM me & we'll talk.
Dave_Darling
You can drill a hole in your sump plate, put the sender in, and use a nut on the top side to hold it in. But part of the sender will be out in the air stream, so it may read cooler than the oil temp. The stock pieces keep the whole sender up inside the engine.

Get a pressure sender that works both the light and the gauge. ("Dual sender".) You'll need to either modify the engine tin to make it fit (and it may interfere with the distributor anyway) or get a relocation kit. The kit consists of a piece of hose, some adaptors to make the hose fit, and a bracket to mount the sender. Make sure the body of the sender is grounded. Evidently grease gun hose or paintball gun hose works for this.

--DD
Harpo
John does this in his spare time so there is no web site but here is the link to the original thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...00&hl=gauge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.