Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh Oh, bondo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
Hiding behind a slab o bond on the passenger side behind the jack plate and in front of the suspension console. I've ground away the rust on the outer layer, looks like the inner layer may be rustier, my tools aren't aggressive enough to get thru easily. Here is a picture.

Restoration Design drawings show an inner longitudinal member and an inner wheelhouse part that appear to cover a lot more than I that I need.

So, can I get these parts from one of our members who may be cutting up a car - if not rusty?

Is there a shop in the Seattle area that has the experience with these cars to do the work

Click to view attachment
dlee6204
Based on your picture, you have more rust to find. As you said the inner piece is rustier so the inside of your long is going to have rust further up. The inner wheelhouse piece (PP331) from restoration design seems to be exactly what you need but you need to clean the whole area up first before you buy anything.

Your rust looks very manageable though. Good luck!
francar
ar15.gif welder.gif
EdwardBlume
Crap Jim. Sorry for your bondo find, but glad you can do something about it! Dads car got repaired with a donor 18 years ago but I'd go with new metal today.

Take care!
rhodyguy
Bummer Jim. I was worried about the longs when you had the car over at my house but did'nt want to be the one to paint a bleak picture.
sixnotfour
eurotech bodywerks in Kirkland is doing one right now..and has some long pieces
sixnotfour
JimN73
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 25 2015, 09:30 PM) *

What I'm looking for.

thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jun 25 2015, 03:35 PM) *
Based on your picture, you have more rust to find. As you said the inner piece is rustier so the inside of your long is going to have rust further up. The inner wheelhouse piece (PP331) from restoration design seems to be exactly what you need but you need to clean the whole area up first before you buy anything.

agree.gif

There will be more, from the looks of it, quite a lot more ...
sad.gif
914work

As am I. wacko.gif
JimN73

Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jun 25 2015, 03:35 PM) *

Your rust looks very manageable though. Good luck!

Exactly, start in that corner and keep knocking shit off until you find solid metal all the way around. Then get the parts you need to. Trying to guesstimate how much needs to be replaced at this point will only piss you off later on. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.