Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winscreen frame and quarter window spacing question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dale73914
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would ask the collective brains trust for some help here.
Im curious as to why my teener is like this , and if it is potentially an easy enough fix, or am I really not wanting to know.....

Door gaps in the doors themselves are fine, although the left hand door glass does push harder on the top of the sail panel rubber than the bottom.

I've lived with this since I got the car and just never shut the left door while the window was completely up, to lessen the chance of damaging something.
I can, and it shuts ok, im just being fussy with it.

a year or so ago I replaced the rubber that runs along the windscreen frame ( sealing the roof and window frames )

Since then I have noticed the window frames on both sides don't sit right where they meet the windscreen frame.

As far as I am aware my longs etc are good ( last checked when we bought the car 4 years ago, and it is garage stored and dry weather driven only so noting major should have happened structurally since then )

Is something bent, out of adjustment etc ?? or does anyone have any ideas on area's to check.

Cheers

Dale

whatabout1
You can remove the door panels and adjust/play with the tracks.

Some have been known to very gently bend form, re-curve
the top half of the front track to tune it's alignment.

It doesn't take much to move things a few mm.
altitude411
forget the window fit... you've got way bigger problems than that. Your steering wheel is so far out of adjustment that you're driving on the wrong side of the car. huh.gif

* windows are adjustable, what year is your car?
dale73914
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Jun 26 2015, 09:54 AM) *

forget the window fit... you've got way bigger problems than that. Your steering wheel is so far out of adjustment that you're driving on the wrong side of the car. huh.gif

* windows are adjustable, what year is your car?

Car is Oct72 Build ( 73 model )

Yeah, ive been told steering column may have shifted " a few mm" over the years wink.gif
rick 918-S
First of all! Is that the factory color!!! drooley.gif

If you take a few more photos maybe I can lend a couple suggestions. Stand back away from the car a little. Also put the targa top on and just latch the front and see how it sits on the targa bar. Is it cocked?

Also Check "F" and "X" on this diagram. http://www.914world.com/specs/bodydims.php
r_towle
If your longs are ok and not rusted, you need to remove the door panels and adjust the windows. there are bolts under the bottom of the track and allow for this.
dale73914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 26 2015, 11:13 AM) *

First of all! Is that the factory color!!! drooley.gif

If you take a few more photos maybe I can lend a couple suggestions. Stand back away from the car a little. Also put the targa top on and just latch the front and see how it sits on the targa bar. Is it cocked?

Also Check "F" and "X" on this diagram. http://www.914world.com/specs/bodydims.php

factory colour yes, it's cobalt blue, but no, its not the original colour.
My car was originally Ravenna Green.
Painted in about 2000-2001 when it came over to Australia by the company that at the time imported a few, resto'd them as needed and on sold.

At work at the moment ( it's 3.45pm on Friday here smile.gif ) but will take a few pics tomorrow morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.