Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Front Suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Oxen914
I just acquired this front suspension (I was told it was from an early 911). Is it really from a 911? Can I use this on my 914?
Thanks for your help!

914Sixer
Looks to be aftermarket. Looks like two different set ups.
brant
usually when referring to front suspension, a person is talking about A-arms, or struts, crossmembers, etc.

you will need drop links to use either of those anti-sway bars
they should be similar in overall length to stock and work if they were for a 911.

you would have to measure to confirm
SirAndy
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 26 2015, 10:15 AM) *
usually when referring to front suspension, a person is talking about A-arms, or struts, crossmembers, etc.

agree.gif

Those are two different swaybars, both missing the droplinks ...
smile.gif
Oxen914
So I would be able to use either on my 914 once I got the drop links. Which one would be the better choice for my car? I guess I will put the other one up for sale. Thanks for your help!
Bob L.
Is it me?

The top one looks like a stock 914 through the body bar, Without arms/drop links.
Larmo63
Maybe try the lower arms on the upper bar as pictured. Then find some drop links that will work with those arms. Then you need the U attachments on your A arms……

Good luck.
brant
QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Jun 26 2015, 12:02 PM) *

So I would be able to use either on my 914 once I got the drop links. Which one would be the better choice for my car? I guess I will put the other one up for sale. Thanks for your help!

measure the bar diameter
I'd use which ever is a larger bar diameter

I've seen arms like the one pictured
don't remember what brand though....
possibly H and H ?

you can fabricate your own drop links too
threaded rod ends, and adjustable
make sure you use good hardware and proper grades

brant
screenguy914
QUOTE(brant @ Jun 26 2015, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Jun 26 2015, 12:02 PM) *

measure the bar diameter
I'd use which ever is a larger bar diameter

I've seen arms like the one pictured
don't remember what brand though....
possibly H and H ?

you can fabricate your own drop links too
threaded rod ends, and adjustable
make sure you use good hardware and proper grades

brant

Brant is correct. Those look to be H&H front bars, made in the U.S. Maybe each bar is a different size. Measure to confirm. As I recall, they offered a range, from around 1/2" - 3/4". I have one in my early 911.

The top bar shown has the through body sway bar mount hardware that supports it onto the sheet metal. The bottom bar doesn't have that mount hardware but does have the clamp-on arms. The drop links to the control arm are missing but are easily sourced. By adding the missing drop links, you'll have one complete sway bar setup with an extra front bar.

Each SB arm has a series of mounting holes that allow roll stiffness adjustment by effectively lengthening or shortening the lever length. The standard drop link is like the current Weltmeister bar - rubber bushing link on one end, Heim joint on the other. However, H&H also offered a drop link option: Drop link with male threads on the end threaded to female Heim joints for less compliance and better response.

Since these bars were made in the US, the material was SAE dimensioned (in inches). I recall mine is 3/4" OD (approx. 19+ mm).

Hope this helps,
Sherwood
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.