Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 cal ammo case center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I just finished preliminary fab on my 50 cal ammo case lock box for a center console/arm rest. It will be upholstered in stage two. Goty it at the local gun store for change. It has a great hinge action approved by MacArthur and with the insert of a 914 glove box lock offered up by JIM HOYLAND ( and a few minutes of wafer wafering - it is now keyed to my ignition key but not the thieves valet key.......

Basically it bolts to a welded invisible bottom bracket to both seatbelt bolts and has one bolt south of the heater lever / north of the lock box - in the center console hole existing in a stock tunnel.

Having learned that I cannot upholster worth a sheeplove.gif (see three gauge cluster moved to the dash face with correct material thereon..... I will have the armrest portion professionally done locally here in SoCal after a semi gloss black powder coat on the interior and daily-action handle area of the box. FYI: If needed, this particular fabrication qualifies for legal locked transport of a sidearm as well... an added benefit for some in law enforcement or others. (handy if your significant other is a tax compliance officer who is legally required to be armed to the teeth while ambling along the highway on her way to work....- maybe this will get her in the drivers seat.hehe...) anyway,

The last addition to this lockbox concept is to add two drink cup holder delieios on the front façade as flat openings (shifter) side of he box a few inches above the tunnel elevation to accommodate the occasional two-fer on the way to a picnic...

More pix to follow when the upholstery is done and the install is complete. Good height on the lock box once upholstered for the right arm and shifter grasp position..

Preliminary cost:
Trip up the coast to Jim's cool garage in Sunset Beach within a hardball throw of the waves... for the glove box lock and wafers -3bucks in gas and two tacos 8 bucks
One stop at Pristine Porsche in Huntington Beach: uh uho...82K for an 850 mile on the odo C4S - no,... wait / .............that was a different blast up the coast in an earlier life................. / still on Pristine's web site.../ but I did stop in to visit Dick Thorpe to discuss the 911 long block missing only carbs for sale (cheap).. and a few items for a 6 conversion

Then back down PCH to the local Self Reliance store in NPBeach for the 50 Cal ammo case - 10 bucks / used and nice - / and, as an added benefit, my SW4506 just sold on consignment so I am in very tall cotton on the finances on this and other 914 undertakings ....

Then on to a fine and pleasant afternoon of welding, filling and grinding, and setting the glove box lock hole for to key to the ammo box - away from the valet key / and then the handle - yet to be sorted out for a better look - suggestions welcome - more later beerchug.gif
76-914
I don't know Forest. Looks like baiting to me. I sure would hate to see your car vandalized because some idiot thinks it harbors valuables but it's your soap and your , well never mind.
jim_hoyland
Looks great ! Do the red piping on the edges when you over it
worn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 26 2015, 05:25 PM) *

Looks great ! Do the red piping on the edges when you over it

As long as the drink holders are plentiful you have a winner. If not, then I am not so sure. Times have changed.
Larmo63
Looks good and the Hemingway introduction to it made the whole experience worth reading.

ripper911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 26 2015, 09:36 PM) *

P.S. Drink AFTER you post next time…..

confused24.gif

beer3.gif + type.gif = piratenanner.gif
matthepcat
Super cool. I want some more pictures of the final product. Might steal your idea.
Hank914
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jun 27 2015, 08:18 AM) *

Super cool. I want some more pictures of the final product. Might steal your idea.

agree.gif More pics.

"FYI: If needed, this particular fabrication qualifies for legal locked transport of a sidearm as well... an added benefit for some in law enforcement or others. (handy if your significant other is a tax compliance officer who is legally required to be armed to the teeth while ambling along the highway on her way to work....- maybe this will get her in the drivers seat.hehe...) anyway, "

Very interesting, especially given the SCOTUS decisions this week and the ramifications for CCW holders reciprocity among states. A nice lockbox/armrest/cupholder is a great idea very well executed. Well done.

EdwardBlume
And you can put stickers on it!
Cairo94507
I like that it is a steel, securely mounted, locking box. I am not crazy that the lock is on the top of the box and visible. Perhaps when you upholster the box it will disguise the lock. Should be a nice armrest once upholstered.
Cuda911
Should be excellent for storing guns and crack when in the seedier areas of the OC.
Wonderbread
Well I have a .50 just no cans?
R_u_dd
What kind of seats are those. Very nice...
jim_hoyland
Did you put a light inside ? Rig one up to a pin switch, then when you open the box, the light comes on......
914_teener
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jun 27 2015, 04:13 PM) *

Should be excellent for storing guns and crack when in the seedier areas of the OC.

laugh.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.