Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winner! At Parade!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
914's aren't shy about winning. Parade this year is just another example!

David Montgomery wins TTOD at French Lick!
worn
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 26 2015, 05:41 PM) *

914's aren't shy about winning. Parade this year is just another example!

As I believe is embarrassingly common at parade, despite the fact that the Porsche company has somehow continued into a new millennium. Same as it ever was and first.gif congratulations!
EdwardBlume
Man that 911 looks odd!
ChrisFoley
Way to go Dave!
Heeltoe914
I am not surprised evilgrin.gif But congrats beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Isn't that Leeds Gulick's car? Rats, I'm spacing on the name of the folks who built it up in the Pac NW.

--DD
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 26 2015, 07:32 PM) *

Isn't that Leeds Gulick's car? Rats, I'm spacing on the name of the folks who built it up in the Pac NW.

--DD

was beerchug.gif Greg Fordahl built
sixnotfour
I just bought the short geared hyd. throw out bearing Guard LS 901 trans from Greg last week, they use to run. It has a 915 now.

Fun Fact ... it even got rolled over strapped in the trailer a couple of years ago on the way home from Salinas.. Euro Tech fixed it..
pete000
Outstanding ! Long live the Autocross king the 914 !
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I remember the infamous trailer incident!

Does anyone have any upclose pics of the car? I'm interested to see how the rear spoiler was mounted.

Another great drive David!
Chris Pincetich
Mikey's 914 shoulda coulda won last year dry.gif
It takes a lot of prep, skill, engineering, and maybe even luck to win that race. Congrats to another podium for the 914 beerchug.gif
MORE PICS! biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
His wife was a terror in it at Bremerton. She has driven at Daytona in the Seattle children's hospital 911. Hot shoe.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 26 2015, 07:33 PM) *

Greg Fordahl built

Thank you!! I couldn't remember their name.

--DD
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 26 2015, 07:32 PM) *

--DD

Yes, Leeds' old car. IIRC its running a 2.8L hod rod motor build by Fordahl; it sure used to sound mean on the autocross course.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 26 2015, 10:33 PM) *

Greg Fordahl built

A lot of changes made since the car was on the west coast - kind of meaningless to attribute Dave's success to the original builder at this point.
The 2nd place car was "Fordahl built" too and based on what I saw when the car was in my shop I'd be suspicious of any car that came from there. Very poor workmanship overall (expensive hack job). sad.gif
sixnotfour

Great Job !!!

A lot of changes made since the car was on the west coast - kind of meaningless to attribute Dave's success to the original builder at this point.The 2nd place car was "Fordahl built" too and based on what I saw when the car was in my shop I'd be suspicious of any car that came from there. Very poor workmanship overall (expensive hack job).

I never said it was nice,, however being built 20 years ago, The car has a successful past... and fordahl did build it to answer Dave's brain question..
pete000
I love when our 45+ year old "Cheap Porsche" technology consitantly beat out the new state of the art technology !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.