Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waiting for insurance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Everything is ready to go. I met with the insurance agent and sent them everything they asked for. And now I wait.
ripper911
Just drive it already. driving.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jun 27 2015, 11:32 AM) *

Just drive it already. driving.gif

No way.
PanelBilly
Need to trailer it to the engine builder's shop
EdwardBlume
What insurance takes more than a day to get done?
billh1963
Hagerty (agreed value) is virtually instantaneous
thieuster
FYI: Dutch system: classic cars can be insured with only one telephone call. Insured value? Agreed value for 3 months: up to the sum you've paid for the car. You need to have the car appraised by a certified appraiser (you can pick one from a long list). His verdict holds its value for 3 years.

When you want to sell a car, the appraiser's value sheet is a good starting point for setting an asking price (mostly @ 80% of the appraised value).

We're quite happy with the system.

Menno
dabird
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 27 2015, 02:26 PM) *

Hagerty (agreed value) is virtually instantaneous

Yep, I just insured my new to me 74 2.0 and had proof of insurance the same day
TheCabinetmaker
Haggerty wouldn't insure me cause i might have driven my car to my shop to work on it. When I switched from farmers to USAA, it took about half an hour (and saved me half). They insured my 914 for liability at $24.00 a month. I added full coverage last week and it raised my rates $6.00 a month. It took 10 minutes and I had proof by email before I hung up the phone with them.
AndyB
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 27 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Haggerty wouldn't insure me cause i might have driven my car to my shop to work on it. When I switched from farmers to USAA, it took about half an hour (and saved me half). They insured my 914 for liability at $24.00 a month. I added full coverage last week and it raised my rates $6.00 a month. It took 10 minutes and I had proof by email before I hung up the phone with them.

agree.gif

I will always go with USAA. With the time and effort put into my car I am not worried about collectors insurance. I didn't buy mine for its value or maybe one day it will be worth something. Simply put I bought it to drive it.
screenguy914
Any insurance company that delays issuing auto insurance is an indication of their inefficiency. Move on. There's too much competition for consumer dollars for insurers to delay coverage and risk passing lucrative premium dollars to other companies. This is doubly so for classic car insurance where the requirements for coverage is much higher and thus less risky for those insurers.

And Hagerty won't cover my car when I drive to the repair shop? How about to fill up? A trip to replace tires? Is the only covered situation when traveling to and from car events? Those restrictions result in even less exposure for insurers. Ka-ching.

Sherwood
mepstein
My classic car insurance took about a week to get up and running. No big deal.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 27 2015, 03:18 PM) *

USAA rocks!
914Next
I've never heard of insurance not being effective immediately. I'm with Classic Collectors for agreed value and had coverage the same day....just had to give them my credit card.
AndyB
If your car is in 100% mint condition and you don't drive it, then yes classic car insurance would be the way to go. However when you are putting between 15-20k a year in mileage it's a driver not a show piece.
PanelBilly
Hagerty wanted $750year. I'm waiting on JCTayor now. Broker has an assistant who isn't as responsive as I'd like.
jsaum
We should do a teener Tuesday to celebrate!
JRust
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 28 2015, 09:06 AM) *

Hagerty wanted $750year. I'm waiting on JCTayor now. Broker has an assistant who isn't as responsive as I'd like.

While I think I pay half that with Hagerty. I am sure your agreed upon value is much higher. Seems pretty reasonable to me & I am have been more than happy with their service. I have no problem recommending Hagerty to anyone
PanelBilly
Sounds like they did good for you recently.
Chris H.
So...you got that insurance yet? The suspense man...the suspense...
PanelBilly
I gave them the $ but am waiting for the official word that I have coverage. Called the agent yesterday and she said she would call me back. She didn't. I'm calling again today.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 9 2015, 06:25 AM) *

I gave them the $ but am waiting for the official word that I have coverage. Called the agent yesterday and she said she would call me back. She didn't. I'm calling again today.

Fire somebody. Then get insured today through someone else.
76-914
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 28 2015, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jun 28 2015, 09:06 AM) *

While I think I pay half that with Hagerty. I am sure your agreed upon value is much higher. Seems pretty reasonable to me & I am have been more than happy with their service. I have no problem recommending Hagerty to anyone

agree.gif
sixnotfour
agree.gif
they should have emailed you proof of insurance....
bozo914
Jez, if it's taking this long to get proof, how responsive will they be to an actual claim? Take your money and run......
Cairo94507
Seriously? 2 weeks and still no proof of insurance? That should have been emailed or snail-mailed to you the day they received the check. I hope you never have need for their claims services if that is the measure of how they do business. Personally, I would fold my tent and look elsewhere.
era vulgaris
Wow, that's crazy man. I would've gone with another company by now.

I've always used State Farm. I call them, give them the VIN and the value I want it insured for, then they ask if I want collector or normal insurance. A few minutes later I have a provisional insurance card that's good for 30 days emailed to me that I can print out so that I can drive the car that day. My official insurance card arrives in a few days by mail.
The only thing they ask is for me to send them photos at my leisure of every side of the car as well as the interior so that they can verify condition. EZ-PZ.
PanelBilly
$317 for $45,000. Have the paperwork now
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 10 2015, 09:45 AM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
You'll be driving by Christmas!
PanelBilly
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 10 2015, 09:50 AM) *

QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 10 2015, 09:45 AM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
You'll be driving by Christmas!

2015?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.