Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwout bearing clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cfletch
A while back when I disconnected my old gearbox to steal the fork I never saw any clips. Fast forward to now and I'm trying to connect my sideshift to my 2.7l I'm wondering if I even need these? How could the bearing fall off of the shaft and fork when everything is connected? Or should I just hold off, buy the things, then get back to it next week?
914Sixer
Check the sides of the release bearing. They mount there and usually stick to the side of it. Bearing will NOT work correctly with out it.
Cfletch
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 28 2015, 12:42 PM) *

Check the sides of the release bearing. They mount there and usually stick to the side of it. Bearing will NOT work correctly with out it.

shoot.... I think I tossed the old bearing a while back so I can't even check to see if its on it still... I was hoping to hook up the box and engine to test fit the engine into the car today sad.gif looks like itll have to be next weekend then before I can get the parts.
sportlicherFahrer
Clips? Never seen any on a 901 box.

On the side of the TO bearing there are rubber blocks(9) to kind of locate it to the fork. the TO bearing guide tube(1) that bolts to the trans around the input shaft is what "holds" the TO bearing to the fork. The only other hardware holds the fork to the trans on the ball pivot by means of the plastic cup bushing(5), a small bolt(7), and the retaining nut-plate(6). Hope this helps! beerchug.gif

IPB Image
Larmo63
These plastic inserts are a must. Pelican probably has them?
sportlicherFahrer
Yes, and just about any German auto shop should be able to get them as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.