Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 No Rust:)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Fitton
Had to disassemble my car for paint recently and took some pictures to show how clean it was. The paint under the sail panel was like new.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=506
304]Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gms
Nice!
isn't that a '71 back pad in the car?
poke.gif
914Sixer
Pretty and really clean!!!!
jos.hall
Mike, why the repaint?
boxsterfan
Wow! What a total junker! Sell it to me for parts. w00t.gif
JawjaPorsche
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Sure way to get people to hate on you w00t.gif

That is a really clean car. beer.gif
914fahrer
Very nice car .But check the door gap on the left side.

Gruss Ralf
Kaeferfreund
Cool fog lights. French yellow version. I'm not quite sure what OEM numbers these lights had. Is it a Hella or Bosch version? Could you help with some information?
Thanks!
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(gms @ Jun 28 2015, 11:23 AM) *

Nice!
isn't that a '71 back pad in the car?
poke.gif

Late '70 car 7/70 #2064 so maybe some '71 parts.smile.gif
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(jos.hall @ Jun 28 2015, 11:52 AM) *

Mike, why the repaint?

The car was auto X'd most of it's life, if you saw it in person you would understand. Many, Many, door dings, road rash on front hood and fenders, already replaced the windshield because it too was rashed.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Jun 28 2015, 12:35 PM) *

Cool fog lights. French yellow version. I'm not quite sure what OEM numbers these lights had. Is it a Hella or Bosch version? Could you help with some information?
Thanks!

Fog lights came that way, it is a yellow film that goes over the stock ones and I only found out when I took the bumpers off. It is that good of a product, don't know where PO got it, maybe someone he will chime in.
rgalla9146
Hi Mike
Is your car original paint ?
In the front shot I see flat black paint on the right 1/3rd at the bottom.
Does your car also have flat black over the body color on the pinch welds at the bottom of the rockers ?
I don't know if this has been a topic here. I'm pretty sure that the factory painted the lower perimeter of the cars (especially lighter color cars) with flat black to hide those visable parts and to blend them into the rockers and valences.
Do you see this on your car ?
Anyone agree ?

Mike Fitton
QUOTE(914fahrer @ Jun 28 2015, 12:31 PM) *

Very nice car .But check the door gap on the left side.

Gruss Ralf

Yes left front is out of line must have had some damage and was welded on in wrong spot. This will be addressed down the road.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.