Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor cleaning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Before I ruin my distributor I thought I would ask first! I contacted a company that restores distributors but not ours. I appreciated his honesty, as soon as I mentioned the trigger points he seemed not interested, which made me think they are easily damaged if not handled properly. Any tips appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
TheCabinetmaker
Trigger points are quite robust. Be careful with the braided ground strap on the points plate. It's a little fragile.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jun 28 2015, 05:21 PM) *

Before I ruin my distributor I thought I would ask first! I contacted a company that restores distributors but not ours. I appreciated his honesty, as soon as I mentioned the trigger points he seemed not interested, which made me think they are easily damaged if not handled properly. Any tips appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I found this thread useful when I serviced mine the first time: D-Jet Troubleshooting. It doesn't really start until post #36. Cleaning the dizzy is good idea and does not take much time. Make sure you lightly lube the advance plates and cam with dizzy grease when you are done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.