Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping.... TWO WEEKS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Hi all. I was checking with A-1 transporters, and they said it would take THREE WEEKS (one week 'til the truck is back in town, and two for the travel) for my car to get to VA from WA! Is this the norm?

Cole monkeydance.gif
redshift
VA to WA... V and W are very close to each other, alphabetically speaking, and A is very close to A..

I think they are screwing with you, it's only a 45 minute drive.

ok ok ok... seriously... yes, 3-4 weeks is somewhat typical.

M
ws91420
You have to remember they need to make it as cost effective for themselves as possible to make any kind of profit. They line up as many as they can to clear their margin.
Porsche Rescue
I have had several cars shipped and 3 weeks from the time you book it to the time you see it is quick. I have used DAS and Passport (FedEx company). I really like Passport. Enclosed and not near as expensive as some.
736conver
Yes 3 weeks is quick. But it also depends on how much you paid. I paid $600 to have a 911 moved from NJ to WI and it took 4 weeks.
I could of move up the time frame to one week but it would of cost $1000.
Those drivers get calls during transport that can delay even more. My driver was delay an extra day as he had to stop in IL to pick a car up that called in.

TheCabinetmaker
Cole, You bought a car? smilie_pokal.gif Tell us all about it.
LvSteveH
Shipping cars is not as simple as it seems, from VA to WA the car may well come off the transporter 20 or more times to allow for other cars to be on or off loaded along the way. It's a pain in the butt. Now that I know, it makes my skin crawl to think of a bunch of goof balls trying to shift a 914 and slipping the clutch as they repeatadly load and unload. It's amazing that the transmission works when it arrives. We drive the things every day and still manage to grind a gear on occasion.

Hmmm...... I guess that didn't do much to put you at ease, sorry

biggrin.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Feb 24 2005, 04:44 PM)
Shipping cars is not as simple as it seems, from VA to WA the car may well come off the transporter 20 or more times to allow for other cars to be on or off loaded along the way. It's a pain in the butt. Now that I know, it makes my skin crawl to think of a bunch of goof balls trying to shift a 914 and slipping the clutch as they repeatadly load and unload. It's amazing that the transmission works when it arrives. We drive the things every day and still manage to grind a gear on occasion.

Hmmm...... I guess that didn't do much to put you at ease, sorry

biggrin.gif

icon8.gif ohmy.gif icon8.gif ohmy.gif !!!!

Cole monkeydance.gif
Aaron Cox
is this car a dependable driver??? if so.. wait 2 weeks for my srping break, fly me out there, and i will drive it to your door.... for the experience itself and for free meals and lodging smile.gif i sure bet im still cheaper than what they charge wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.