Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel size / offset for GT flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
barrym
I'm installing GT flares on my '75 914, along with the auto Atlanta 5 lug kit - can people recommend what size / offset wheels to use ? Need to get as much rubber down as possible with a wrx engine ...

Thx
mepstein
I would read Eric Shea's all encompassing thread on 5 lug conversions. If the AA kit is adapters, I would not go there.
GeorgeRud
The factory Fuchs in 15x7" and 15x8" fit nicely and give a vintage look. You could go wider in the front, but the steering will be harder due to more offset. However, tires are getting harder to find in the 15" sizes.

16 and 17" wheels would require similar widths, and a lot of body shops will want to have the wheels to fit the flares correctly, otherwise you may have to experiment with what fits your particular car.
ConeDodger
Mine are 16X7 in the front and custom built 16X8.5 in the rear. The wheels were built and refinished by Weidman Wheels in Oroville CA. You can't get a much better fit in the rear. While the fronts look like they want more, you have to be careful up front or you increase steering effort too much.

This is Paul Sayegh's car with 15's I think.

Silver one is mine...
matthepcat
What size flares? Standard ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.