Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most of the Porsches are left in the dust.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morgan
You got to watch this. dial up people dont try to down this .

http://www.godoftheinternet.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

Enjoy
John
azbill
That's some driving - What a ride!
SLITS
Rock & Roll...............The Porsches guys were just having wine and cheese and relaxing
Midtowner
Holy crap! That was a fun ride! Love the C-A-R-O-U-S-E-L! driving.gif
VegasRacer
SCREAMING FAST !!! w00t.gif
I'm worn out just watching it.
914RSR
QUOTE (morgan @ Feb 24 2005, 05:02 PM)
You got to watch this

this is insane ...
ohmy.gif
URY914
Better than sex! (most sex)
wrpspddrvr
What, you guys can't do that? biggrin.gif

Geez!!!!
That guy was flying! There's no way he was using the clutch on those downshifts.... Or he's just got a (as my friend said) "one pound flywheel"....
That's a nuts-o video!

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
dude......what makes it whine like that.....I LOVE IT!!!!!! I WANNA MAKE A 914/6 SUPER-RACE CAR cool.gif
nebreitling

link for mac users

can download the file (won't open for me in browser)
drew365
I know I've asked this before and I admit I'm an idiot, but some videos' play fine others like this one come through in a series of stills every 5 seconds. I have the latest updates to XP and Media. So is it just windows stinks as usual?
azbill
You need a super fast internet connection. The video work fine with my windows xp
bd1308
it depends on alot of things.....could be the server being flooded....could be the codec used to play the movie....could be your computer not keeping up. What computer do ya got? wink.gif specs man...i need to know what's under the hood
TimT
what makes it whine like that

straight cut gears
bd1308
QUOTE (TimT @ Feb 24 2005, 08:41 PM)
what makes it whine like that

straight cut gears

sweet......!!! I love it...so many things are telling me to autoX....
Brando
Still downloading...

dry.gif
drew365
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 24 2005, 06:35 PM)
it depends on alot of things.....could be the server being flooded....could be the codec used to play the movie....could be your computer not keeping up. What computer do ya got? wink.gif specs man...i need to know what's under the hood

I have a DSL connection, a 700mg Celeron machine with a good ATI video card, don't remember which one. Most videos work fine, it seems like it's been the last 6 months that I started getting some that come through in stills. It's got to be a Gates Conspiracy.
mrihop
Wow, 8 minutes for one lap....that course is like 15 miles long!
LvSteveH
I'm truly speechless.......... that is freaking amazing.

ohmy.gif
ppickerell
50/50 chance that I will be on that track for a couple of laps in September as part of a tour package. That video makes me pucker up just thinking about it. Open laps there could mean you look out your rearview mirror and see that guy behind you ohmy.gif . I will probably just point him around...2 seconds after he is past me.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Feb 24 2005, 10:06 PM)
I'm truly speechless.......... that is freaking amazing.

ohmy.gif

agree.gif
'Ol Stuchy must sure have alot of faith in the other drivers minding their rear view mirrors. Some of the closing speeds were f***ing scary!! ohmy.gif He made some of those cars he passed look like they were parked!!! blink.gif
John, thanks for sharing that link. WOW!! I've seen countless hours of in car video and that ranks among the best. Anybody seen Derek Bell's Nurburgring lap video? He was casually narrating the lap as he went and ended up with a lap record for that lap!! screwy.gif
sgomes
QUOTE (mrihop @ Feb 24 2005, 06:59 PM)
Wow, 8 minutes for one lap....that course is like 15 miles long!

22.81 km (14.17 miles) to be exact.

I was going to post that very same video but I feared everyone would get the idea I'm only watching BMW racing. laugh.gif
bd1308
should work man.....i dunno? check for spy-ware....*shrugs* it's a green light as far as i'm concerned
John
While it was pretty cool, I liked how the car was sliding through a few of the turns.

And how the car was so loud that the tire noise was dround out.

I can't wait for summer.

That damn M3 is fast though.

What was the car that crashed?

I have to admit it put a smile on my face and made my heart beat a little faster.

MORE, MORE, MORE........
rick 918-S
WOW! I love M3's wub.gif
Maltese Falcon
Stuki is lit when he drives. He drove the Audi Quattros like that. I got his sig on the "24 Stunden LeMans, ' 86" ( Stuck, Bell, Holbert) poster at Monterey 1998. He co drove the Sunoco #6 917/30 that weekend . Not the original Donahue car, but built on an authentic s/n chassis that was a "Spare" parts car of the era. He let me put my 8 yr old son in the drivers seat of #6 for a photo op pray.gif
Stuki is Kuhl !
MF
LvSteveH
I made my wife sit through the whole 8 minutes, and being that it's my birthday today she even pretended to watch intently.

The thing that amazes me the most is the speed at which he negotiates the turns following the straights, he's got to be doing over 150 through some of the sweeping sections.... I'm now entirely confident that I will be nothing more than a novice driver..... I don't think I'll ever be able to come that close to death on a regular basis.

Jeroen
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Feb 25 2005, 05:07 AM)
50/50 chance that I will be on that track for a couple of laps in September as part of a tour package.

Best be real f-ing carefull if you go drive there. The place is insane (and I don't mean it in a good sense)
You've got no idea where the next turn is gonna take you. No idea what so ever
Going up on blind hills without knowing what's behind 'm

Even the locals say you need to do at least 100 laps before you get to know the track screwy.gif

Been there, driven there, seen the wreckage and the idiots. Ricers, tourbusses, motorbikes, any type of sports car you can imagine, fullblown racers and MPV packed with vacation luggage and the full family, sitting squashed in the armco...

It's amazing to see the pro's drive there, and that's about it...
Jeroen
The vid looks to be a qualifing lap (you can see Stuck cheering as he goes across the finishline). Possibly for the 24H Nurburgring race
That's prolly why you see some cars going slow (practice runs)
First part is the GrandPrix track, then they get onto the 22km long "Nordschleife"
If I'm not mistaken, Stuck is driving the BMW that was banned from ALMS
Very impressive driving!
jr91472
wow...so fast and like..... no where to spin out....... ohmy.gif

URY914
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Feb 25 2005, 06:03 AM)
wow...so fast and like..... no where to spin out....... ohmy.gif

I couldn't believe the length of time he spends flat out, foot to the floor.

Paul

Stutgart46
I wonder who holds the record for a 914 around the Nordshliefe(forgive my spelling I took English in High School not German)? I wonder what the record is for a 914.
Great video. Hans is a genius. He makes that look so easy.
GaroldShaffer
I think I need a smoke smoke.gif WOW my heart is racing just from watching. Man I can't wait for race season to start here (not that I race, just AX for now).
morgan
I think that might be the v8 M3
JM
Eric_Shea
Anybody see "Rendezvous"?

I was at a Miller Motorsports track presentation last night and they opened the presentation with it. Insane street driving in Paris.

We are getting the biggest baddest track in the country! smilie_pokal.gif Can't wait!! It should be race ready by August or September. 4.5 mile road course.
sanman
smilie_pokal.gif nice
Rockaria
So why were all the other cars parked in the middle of the road? ohmy.gif Well he made them look like they were parked...

I am dizzy now...

ALL HAIL AND BOW TO THE LORD HANS J. STUCK!
xitspd
Wow! Hans is a super driver! Has anyone seen his famous in-car 911 race during a severe rain storm? He is wiping the inside of the windshield with a cloth while passing everyone on the track. In Europe he in thought of as, perhaps the greatest rain driver of all time.
Rockaria
QUOTE (xitspd @ Feb 25 2005, 10:22 AM)
Europe he in thought of as, perhaps the greatest rain driver of all time.

Yes, rain is his friend. I was at Le Mans in 1987 and saw him drive. I was watching his lap speeds and they did not go down when the rain came.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Rockaria @ Feb 25 2005, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (xitspd @ Feb 25 2005, 10:22 AM)
Europe he in thought of as, perhaps the greatest rain driver of all time.

Yes, rain is his friend. I was at Le Mans in 1987 and saw him drive. I was watching his lap speeds and they did not go down when the rain came.

He must not have been pushing hard enough in the dry! biggrin.gif

I've seen the video of him wiping the windshield as he passed people in the rain. pray.gif Amazing. rolleyes.gif
Toast
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Feb 25 2005, 12:28 AM)
I made my wife sit through the whole 8 minutes, and being that it's my birthday today she even pretended to watch intently.

Well, since no one else acknowledged it for you,

birthday3.gif
mgw.gif
tunez.gif rocking nana.gif

birthday.gif
VegasRacer
Here is a short video of how to corner in a Rally Car. ohmy.gif
michel richard
That last turn is unbelievable !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.