Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me project 914. A build thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KlokWerk
Hi there. I figured I'd start up a new thread to follow my efforts to build this car up.
I'm sure a few of you are familiar with this car. This was Rohar's and now it's mine. Somehow, seeing him happy to have it in my possession has me a bit concerned. When asked if I wanted to take over this project, I get the feeling my fight or flight reflex was taking a nap.

In any case, here is the car on the day I took delivery.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here is the motor and transaxle I'll try to use.

IPB Image

IPB Image

As if taking on this project wasn't evidence enough that I've lost my mind, the inspiration for this build is this car:

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
Subscribed!

welcome.png

I'm looking forward to progress on this one.
colingreene
nice mini
stevegm
Welcome. Ya, nice Mini. I have a 2009S that same color. What year is yours? Also, I have the rear bulkhead trunk piece that has been cut out of the back of the 914, if you decide to weld it back in.

Again, Welcome to the world. welcome.png
KlokWerk
Thanks for the welcome!

My Mini is a 2005 r53. Lots of fun!
I'm hoping to get much more fun out of this 914! :-)

Thanks for the offer on the missing panel. I have it actually. Just sitting in a box at the moment.
JawjaPorsche
Welcome the madness! Looking forward to the build. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png
sb914
welcome.png
Shadowfax
welcome.png
whitetwinturbo
Let's goooooooooooooo sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif cheer.gif
Perl
Nice project it looks in great shape. Thanks for the pictures. Can you tell me what size rims and tires are currently on the car?

Thanks
green914
welcome.png
KlokWerk
QUOTE(Perl @ Jul 1 2015, 10:09 AM) *

Nice project it looks in great shape. Thanks for the pictures. Can you tell me what size rims and tires are currently on the car?

Thanks

The wheels on the car now are Enkei RF-1 17x7.
Tires are 215-40ZR17 Yokohamas.

These wheels are great...but I'm really not feeling them with this car.
So, I'll be putting them up for sale, along with the custom made hubs that Rohar made on these.

I know, I know... he put a lot of work into them...but I really want to take the car in a different direction.

So, I'm going to be converting the car to Porsche standard 5x130.
Perl
Thanks for the reply. I am trying to figure out what wheels and tires to use for my build. I am thinking at this point I want a 16 inch rim with a little more sidewall on the tire. I will keep your wheels and adapters in mind. Again you have a great project and I will be keeping track of your progress.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.