Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I OWN A TEENER!!!!!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
Yeah! Earlier today I PayPal'd Root_Werks the $$ for his black '74 2.0. You may have seen the description up on the Classifieds earlier.
He gave me a deal that would make every one of you turn green with envy. He PM'd me saying "Make me an offer", and I did. He replied back, undercutting my offer by $250. When I called him (so excited I doubt I made any sense), he said "I hope that deal works for you..." Total nice guy.
He's going to help me out with a couple of the things wrong with the car (no speakers, he said he had a couple old ones he'd toss in there, he's gonna take a look at an exhaust leak), but even if he didn't, it'd still be a heck of a steal. If he's (or any of you, of course!) is ever in town.... beerchug.gif
I got the shipping all set up, and he'll be dropping it off on Monday to make it's way across the country.
So in three weeks I should have my brand new to me Porsche 914!! driving.gif driving.gif WOO! Hmmm. I probably just jinxed myself there. Sigh.

Anyway, when it gets here I'll post up some pictures and sound clips and more pictures and driving clips and...and.... boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

Thanks all for helping me find a car, for helping learn about the car, and just for being here! You guys all rule!

Cole monkeydance.gif
TravisNeff
That'll be fun down the blue ridge parkway or the back roads to Roanoke, and even the dragons tail or whatever down south of you, I'm jealous. Phoenix is a perfect grid and flat......
davep
Congrats. Wait till you get to drive it. Then you will get the addiction in full.
VegasRacer
Congrats. smilie_pokal.gif You got a nice one.
Joe Bob
Welcome to our Nightmare...... biggrin.gif
ws91420
Cole when the weather is more hospitable I'll set up another get together. Hell I just might drive down that way to see it after it gets in. driving.gif party.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (ws91420 @ Feb 24 2005, 06:01 PM)
Cole when the weather is more hospitable I'll set up another get together. Hell I just might drive down that way to see it after it gets in. driving.gif party.gif

Hey, sweet! I go home fairly regularly (once a month or so). Home is Prince George, near Petersburg. I roll right through Lynchburg (or see it on the signs, at least). If you wanna hook up sometime, hit me up man!

Cole monkeydance.gif
Rhodes71/914
Hey cool you got Dan's Craiglist score I assume.

Nice how things work out like that.

Congrats smilie_pokal.gif

Now start saving for that first $1000 you'll want to throw at it. biggrin.gif
solex
Congratulations Cole,
I know exactly how you feel being a recent "new" owner of a 75 914.

Good Luck,
Dan
CptTripps
Now start saving for that first $1000 you'll want to throw at it.

EXACTLY! Get to know Engman and Morphenspectra well! There are LOTS of people here that make some VERY nice stuff. The quality of the products you'll find from a lot of the people here is fantastic.

Welcome to the club...it'll be the ride of your life!

BTW: Nice buy!
Mark Henry
Your sick! glad I'm not the only one. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the club smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
You're lost forever now happy11.gif
TheCabinetmaker
smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
xsboost90
good deal, time to put it up on jackstands and let it sit for awhile...oh i mean drive it.
i love porsche
congratulations! lucky guy you are to have bought a teener that moves under its own power!
Root_Werks
biggrin.gif Happy to see the 914 go to a good home. biggrin.gif Here is a shot from yesterday after I tried again to fix the exhuast leak. rolleyes.gif No go, the one stud is just shot and not much material left to do anything with. I gave up, it leaks, it's loud, but I still drove it around again yesterday. happy11.gif driving.gif It's a fast 2.0 and runs really good.

Yeah, I tossed in a set of speaker grills and stock speakers for Cole. All the int. will need is to have the tear in the center seat fixed and door speakers installed to plug the holes.

Cole, I will drop it off Monday morning to the shipping place for you. I will call them today to set it up. When you get it, just go drive it man! laugh.gif driving.gif Who cares about the exhaust leak for the first drive. before you tear into that little problem, just pull it off the truck and take it for a spin. happy11.gif burnout.gif happy11.gif
dinomium
happy11.gif once you start down the dark path, forever will it rule your destiny!

Glad things worked out of everybody!
Root_Werks
Cole, here is a shot of some stuff I am including for you:

I fixed both door stops yesterday. I didn't notice the drivers one was broken and the pass one was not hooked up. So I replaced the drivers side and fixed the pass side. All better now! biggrin.gif

I looked through the reciepts closer yesterday and they add up to $2000+ over the past few years. A few shops had taken a crack at fixing the head exhuast stud problem. You will see when you get the paper work. The last shop said to just remove the head and either replace it or weld it. If I were you, I would remove both heads, have them both gone through and slip in new rings. Them you will have a re-sealed brand new top end, no questions about anything.

Also, the pedal cluster had been re-built, rear brakes done all recent. Cool stuff! boldblue.gif
Root_Werks
Yep, the front trunk was not painted black. But the door jams, rear trunk were. I like this shot.
wrpspddrvr
AWESOME!!!! boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif w00t.gif

Thanks for the pictures Dan! This rules!
I see a lot of "While I'm In There" with that exhaust leak..... Oh dear. I don't even have the damn thing and I've already got the disease.... blink.gif wacko.gif

Crap.

Cole monkeydance.gif
rick 918-S
clap.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
Bleyseng
I'd send the heads to HAM and have them gone thru properly, as this will save you $$$ later on.

Pretty sweet ride that I almost bought but do to space limits passed.
Needs proper 4 bolt fuchs and 195x55x15 tires
general clean up and fixing PO's attemps at repairs to sort it out right.

Geoff beer.gif
wrpspddrvr
What's HAM? I was considering buying new heads from Jake...? Haven't really looked into it much. What should I look for?

Cole monkeydance.gif
Rhodes71/914
I beleive HAM is the guy that Jake uses for all his head work.
Dominic
Cole,
I may have a set of 4 bolt Fuchs for you if you are interested.
How far are you from Williamsburg ?
Root_Werks
Cole, Geoff and I were talking this morning. There are people that will weld the little piece while the engine is still in the car. So that might be an option. There is a local guy that will do it, but Monday is tomorrow and me thinks you just want your car. biggrin.gif

Also, there were some F'd up PO stuff on the drivers door. Always amazes me what you find when you dig a little. Anyway, your drivers door pocket is installed, properly and window stop also installed. mad.gif Some people suck. I also went through and replaced a few of the vacumm hoses with correct german cloth braided ones. I hate seeing water hose from a local FLAPS in the 914 engine bay. ANother PO booger up fixed.

Anyway, I am excited you got the car. I know you have been looking for one for awhile. I will take some pics tomorrow when I deliver it. boldblue.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 27 2005, 08:01 PM)
Cole, Geoff and I were talking this morning. There are people that will weld the little piece while the engine is still in the car. So that might be an option. There is a local guy that will do it, but Monday is tomorrow and me thinks you just want your car. biggrin.gif

Also, there were some F'd up PO stuff on the drivers door. Always amazes me what you find when you dig a little. Anyway, your drivers door pocket is installed, properly and window stop also installed. mad.gif Some people suck. I also went through and replaced a few of the vacumm hoses with correct german cloth braided ones. I hate seeing water hose from a local FLAPS in the 914 engine bay. ANother PO booger up fixed.

Anyway, I am excited you got the car. I know you have been looking for one for awhile. I will take some pics tomorrow when I deliver it. boldblue.gif

Holy cow, Dan. I can't believe how good you're being to me! You make me feel guilty for not paying you more! pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

I'll look into that exhaust thing around here. The way I took it is that it's just a stud, right? Can I not just pull the stud and replace it (lots of heat, maybe a helicoil, etc.)? confused24.gif

I can't wait to see those pictures! I've been bombarding all my friends and relatives with pictures and info about these things forever. They're hoping that now that I've bought one the onslaught will cease. Little do they know.... happy11.gif

Thanks again! Dan's the Man! beer.gif beer.gif

Let me know if you're ever near VA! drunk.gif
Cole monkeydance.gif
Root_Werks
The drive into work this morning!: driving.gif

Woke up a couple a neighbors. happy11.gif This 914 really drives out great. You will like it. I would think after driving it, you will see the Koni's are in good shape. It holds the road well, the tires are HUGE for the car and should just be tossed. I live about 33 miles from my work and this morning I opened her up to 90mph, smooth, loved it! driving.gif As I got closer to Seattle, it sat in traffic and did very well. Never skipped a beat!

The stud:
There is too much material gone to just put one in. I tried that. #3 actually had both studs missing when I got it. I was able to make an insert for the one as the hole was huge, but the other one, no luck. I tossed in a couple of the brass/copper gaskets for you. If you find someone who will weld while the engine is still in the car, this should be an easy fix for you.

Also, after sitting for 3+ years, the push rod tube "O" rings have gotten hard. They are leaking. You can do this with the engine in the car as well. Other than that, the temp gauge and clock work in the center counsole, but the voltage meter doesn't...... Hmm, what else, oh, all the lights work including the reverse lights, but the right front bulb is out...... That it. It's a driver for sure. It shifted and drove nicely in heavy traffic or the open road. happy11.gif driving.gif

Here is a shot of me filling the tank in probably more than 3 years. Nice to not be running on varnish anymore! biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Ouch, that is dark, lets lighten that up a little: cool.gif
wrpspddrvr
Hey Dan, that's great! I love that thing!
As far as the head's concerned, I'll take a look at it when I get it and either take it to the local Bug shop or order new heads from Jake.

Would you mind sending me the VIN number? I need to set up the insurance and stuff. Thanks!

Cole monkeydance.gif
Root_Werks
4742918027, I was going to PM it to you, but hey, the Admins need it anyway to add it to the list! boldblue.gif
GTeener
how about lighten it up a lot wink.gif
GTeener
smile.gif
Root_Werks
Ooooo, stop fixing my pictures already! I know I suck! laugh.gif bootyshake.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Feb 28 2005, 11:36 AM)
Ooooo, stop fixing my pictures already! I know I suck! laugh.gif bootyshake.gif

lol2.gif Just trying to help wink.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (Dominic @ Feb 27 2005, 03:57 PM)
Cole,

biggrin.gif He is about twice as far as Richmond so what you guys need to do is both drive to Richmond and meet at my house, then we can go for a lovely drive through Amelia!! Seriously though, maybe the Va crew should get together for a drive/cookout on the Blue Ridge when the weather gets nicer?? smilie_pokal.gif We can't let the Cali guys have all the fun can we?
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 28 2005, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Dominic @ Feb 27 2005, 03:57 PM)
Cole,

biggrin.gif He is about twice as far as Richmond so what you guys need to do is both drive to Richmond and meet at my house, then we can go for a lovely drive through Amelia!! Seriously though, maybe the Va crew should get together for a drive/cookout on the Blue Ridge when the weather gets nicer?? smilie_pokal.gif We can't let the Cali guys have all the fun can we?

Sweet! Sounds like something we should do!
B-burg and surrounding has some awesome roads, but I'm afraid my place sucks. It's a 2 bedroom apartment. I don't think we'd even have enough parking spaces for more than 2 or 3 other people sad.gif
Anyway, if y'all ever want to get together and shame the CA crowd, let me know! A group drive on BlueRidge Parkway would rule!

Cole monkeydance.gif
scotty b
ohmy.gif Do I hear Ridge Run 2005 coming together??
wrpspddrvr
Hoo baby! I think this deserves it's own post, eh?!! boldblue.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Root_Werks
The drive in rainy Seattle traffic to the drop off for shipment. I was glad to see the wipers worked great as well as the fresh air fan. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
At the drop off company ready to ship! boldblue.gif
Root_Werks
Nuther shot.
Root_Werks
Last one, The sun started to come out. What a grand day!
wrpspddrvr
There's mah BABY!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif The htought of her sitting all alone in that parking lot... sad.gif unsure.gif
Well I'll just have to give her an extra-special welcoming when she gets here. grouphug.gif burnout.gif driving.gif

Dan, thanks again. I hope I can be half as good to her as you were.
Good in the way one would be to Brook Burke, of course. You know, buy her everything she could ever possibly want so you can flog the crap out of her when it's time for fun. wink.gif mueba.gif

Thanks man, you rule! pray.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Root_Werks
Actually, the guy drove it into a locked yard. First time it sat outside in the rain in 3 years, but I think it will be okay. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.