Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automotive Touch up before and after 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
puffinator
There is a thread on getting Zambezi paint in a spray can. Here is a before and after of using the AutomotiveTouchup.com spray paint. I have bought both spray cans, pints and touch up bottles. My -6 had an oil cooler in front and I am returning it to street car. Thanks to 914World members I was able to secure a partial front panel to fill the hole and a new pan from Restoration Design.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(puffinator @ Jul 1 2015, 08:00 AM) *

There is a thread on getting Zambezi paint in a spray can. Here is a before and after of using the AutomotiveTouchup.com spray paint. I have bought both spray cans, pints and touch up bottles. My -6 had an oil cooler in front and I am returning it to street car. Thanks to 914World members I was able to secure a partial front panel to fill the hole and a new pan from Restoration Design.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That's a great match!
Tom_T
Another way to get a color match for your Zambezi is to go to the PPG or similar high quality auto paints' local paint supplier shop for the body shops, & have them shoot it with their digital color gun for a match, then mix you up in can &/or spray form. PPG also has the color mixes for VW & Porsche online, & should be able to get it.

Another option is Paintscratch.com in the SF Bay Area, but you may want to call them for the older 70's color match & point them to the PPG online color website.

Nice job on the orange BTW! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Shadowfax
Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.