Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attn: Philly/NJ Crew - CANCEL Plans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Paul, Rich, et al:

Please let's cancel dinner plans tomorrow evening. While I REALLY REALLY appreciate your hospitality and the fact you were willing to drive several hours on a Friday in bad conditions to get together, I have to say let me take a rain check (or snow check).

Circumstances have changed. I gotta try and get home tomorrow evening.

It looks like I am going to transport the car home. I can get a pretty good deal for covered transport through the Lotus club.

Road conditions (salt, pot holes) are not in the Elise's favor.

In addition, the car has the sports suspension package with slickier tires than the stock car. I have been advised by several Elise forum members that I am really risking A LOT running these tires in the slush. They are also not rain friendly, and it looks like I may hit substantial rain from South Carolina all the way through Florida.

So... no, I'm not a chicken. Considering everything, I do not feel safe.

And on top of that I need to get home for some personal reasons.

Thanks.
boxstr
Smart call Karl.
CCLINTRANSPORTME
Carrera916
agree.gif

Yup! Orginally from the East and from the description of your car, especially the tires, very good call to stop now.....whew!

good luck and tell us more about it when you get her in Fla , okay?

j
Qarl
bump
Qarl
bump
ArtechnikA
as i responded earlier to yr PM, good call. deal with the family first, they always take priority.

i will contact Paul via various means...

although it did not look that bad last night, there was a layer of ice under the snow, and it was the first time the 911 did not get me home - i made it about 1/2 mi from work in 1st and 2nd gear slipping and sliding and pulled into the first mini-mall lot and parked it. called J to come get me in the Subaru. this morning it took me 15 minutes to get out of a gas station lot, and another 20 minutes to navigate into a parking space here at work - although the work lot had been plowed. 225/245 ES100's don't work in snow over ice. (it was 15F this morning) i think i'm going to call in a favor or two and head home before sunset and the refreeze.

we'll meet up another time. this is clearly when the safe thing is the smart thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.