Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I know engines... I'm not a mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
muddboy
I have had my 914 for over 11 years now. I have done all the work on it myself (not all of it the best). In that time I also parted out two other 914 (a crash damaged '72 and a '73 that looked liike someone used a P-38 can opener to fix the clutch tube). Just about everything I know about 914s came from this. I hate to admit it.... but in 11 years I've never looked at the rust all that seriously. I know my battery tray is... "not completely there", and that the rust also reached the fuel pump bracket. I've always planed on "fixing" up the car, but I have been saying that for to long.

Anyway... was hopeing to get someone close by to come take a look at my car... and give me an all over review on its condition. At least the parts I am not all that familiar with.

The car can make it to just about anywere Orange County... and even Riverside if it had to

Thanks in advance
skline
Well, there will be a few of us around this weekend over at my place. Aaron will be here tomorrow and we will be working on cars, you are more than welcome to bring it over and we can take a look at it. I am sure a few others will show up as well. Joe was thinking of doing a BBQ this weekend as well. PM me if you.want to come over and I will give you directions. I am just down in Costa Mesa.
muddboy
Hey thankis guys... I just got back from skline's house... you guys were a great help. and you put my mind at ease about how bad I thought my car was.

Cant wait to get out for some fun with the rest of the group
JB 914
QUOTE (muddboy @ Feb 26 2005, 01:25 PM)
Hey thankis guys... I just got back from skline's house... you guys were a great help. and you put my mind at ease about how bad I thought my car was.

Cant wait to get out for some fun with the rest of the group

Nice to meet you today!!

Don't be a stranger!! I'm hoping to have my Garage up and ready to do some work after WCC. Gotta get my electrical added as soon as my electrician catch's up from "monsoon season"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.