Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: there are some crazy people out there
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
sooooo........
i like to play online scrabble. (so i'm a bit of a geek). i beat the snot out of some guy and he quickly leaves my table. then i receive the following PM:

"you stupid F---, I hope you and your family DIE."

then he blocks all incoming messages, so i can't reply.

WTF?!?!? what is wrong with people? unsure.gif
xsboost90
who knew scrabble was so competitive.
bd1308
holy crap! That's horrible. People are insane.....well crooked and insane. I'm wierd but not insane/crooked. God help them, anway if you're looking for someone to play scrabble with I'll play with you....where do you play?
Hammy
the anonymity of the internet is great... You will often find me shouting threats during a lovely game of internet chess. cool_shades.gif
914RSR
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Feb 24 2005, 09:05 PM)

how old are you?
or even better, why did it took you so long to figure this out?

you're all freaked out over a psycho you met while playing online scrabble ???
where did your parents hide you all these years?

haven't you noticed yet?
this planet is PACKED with those kind of nut-cases ...
screwy.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (914RSR @ Feb 25 2005, 01:50 AM)
haven't you noticed yet?
screwy.gif

good thing...or else my wife would be out of a job smile.gif

no shortage of work here rolleyes.gif
sgomes
I can't seem to find a live link to it anymore but I still get a huge laugh out of the Red vs Blue classic:

RvB_NYC2.mov

Pretty much sums up the difference between real life and the internet. Can anyone find a live link for it?
redshift
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Feb 25 2005, 01:05 AM)
sooooo........
i like to play online scrabble. (so i'm a bit of a geek). i beat the snot out of some guy and he quickly leaves my table. then i receive the following PM:

"you stupid F---, I hope you and your family DIE."

then he blocks all incoming messages, so i can't reply.

If you hadn't started it with the made up German words...

If you tell the real story, I'll unblock you.

laugh.gif

TROJANMAN
QUOTE (914RSR @ Feb 24 2005, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Feb 24 2005, 09:05 PM)
WTF?!?!?  what is wrong with people?   unsure.gif

how old are you?
or even better, why did it took you so long to figure this out?

you're all freaked out over a psycho you met while playing online scrabble ???
where did your parents hide you all these years?

haven't you noticed yet?
screwy.gif

i'm old enough to know that there are crazy people out there. it's just that i used to be more productive with my time. trouble is, now i am addicted to internet gaming and the 914club site. wacko.gif
415PB
Pls tell me you play other online games other than scrabble smile.gif
redshift
I play this one cool game where you chase people down and peel their skin off with a thing that looks like a flat hoe.

M
bryanthompson
I play cribbage and backgammon against old ladies on Yahoo. I've found that if you stay in the expert rooms, they don't even bother talking. Of course, I get my butt kicked half the time, but at least they aren't chatty psychos. screwy.gif
Toast
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 25 2005, 11:00 AM)
I play this one cool game where you chase people down and peel their skin off with a thing that looks like a flat hoe.

M

you mean a dull, rusted, butter knife. And then you sprinkle salt on them and drops of lemon juice and murretic acid...... ohmy.gif
ninefourteener
Scrabble?? Shit..... Scrabble aint nuttin. I laugh at online comments like that--LOL

You should try Internet dating.... THAT is some scary shit.

I've had 2 restraining orders on 2 different women to verify my mistakes--LOL wacko.gif
Toast
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Feb 25 2005, 12:16 PM)
Scrabble?? Shit..... Scrabble aint nuttin. I laugh at online comments like that--LOL

I've had 2 restraining orders on 2 different women to verify my mistakes--LOL wacko.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif
415PB
QUOTE (redshift @ Feb 25 2005, 10:00 AM)

M

That's what I'm talking about smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
LMAO! Dating on the. ... dating on..

nevermind. sad.gif

M
Andy
"We call it "Internet Badass Syndrome" or IBS, the anonymity of the Internet gives a number of real-life cowards the freedom of shouting insults from a moving car without the risk of someone throwing rocks at them. Here at the IBS Resolution Instutue we're working to procure funding and NSA/FBI support to find these people and beat their asses. Now that may seem that we at the IBSRI suffer from the affliction we're trying to prevent, I can only assure you that we do not become emotionally invested in any incident we cover. The algorythm used to identify Internet Badasses is entirely automated, and we will employ only the most emotionless of hired goons to administer beatings. You CAN help beat the asses of those who desperately deserve it, write your congressperson today!"

Actually the lack of them here is something I really like about this board. Can't say the same for the 4x4 boards. Pirate4x4.com is real treat to ever read, and I have my own personal antagonist on colorado4x4.org (oddly he had no memory of any of his insults when I actually met the 17 year old).

redshift
Awesome! It's true! 914 owners are the biggest pussies ever to wander the net!

Don't hit me!

M
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ninefourteener @ Feb 25 2005, 11:16 AM)

isn't there an old thread about that?
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 25 2005, 12:06 PM)

Actually the lack of them here is something I really like about this board.  Can't say the same for the 4x4 boards.  Pirate4x4.com is real treat to ever read, and I have my own personal antagonist on colorado4x4.org (oddly he had no memory of any of his insults when I actually met the 17 year old).

that's funny. you're totally right about the 4x4 boards. why would you ever insult people who talk about monster trucks, guns, and beer all day. not necessarily in that order. plus, i've met some of those 4x4 guys on group rides, i'm careful what i say on those websites.
not to mention the tyrannical rule of the web administrators on that board. i was once banned from Colorado4x4.org, just because i made mention of an item i was selling in the classifieds on the chit chat board. no warnings either, i was completely banned from opening any PM's or replying to anything, until a buddy of mine appealed to one of the admins.
redshift
lmao

I was just banned from a flight sim BBS because I told them that the flight sim sucked, and they were all drinking koolaide. They have quotes from the developer of the game for signatures.

In real life, these people would last about 1 second in a dogfight, but on the internet..

beerchug.gif Give me koolaide!

haha.. icon8.gif ... ooops..

M
Andy
QUOTE (glstrojan @ Feb 25 2005, 12:21 PM)

that's funny.  you're totally right about the 4x4 boards.  why would you ever insult people who talk about monster trucks, guns, and beer all day.  not necessarily in that order.  plus, i've met some of those 4x4 guys on group rides, i'm careful what i say on those websites.
not to mention the tyrannical rule of the web administrators on that board.  i was once banned from Colorado4x4.org, just because i made mention of an item i was selling in the classifieds on the chit chat board.  no warnings either, i was completely banned from opening any PM's or replying to anything, until a buddy of mine appealed to one of the admins.

Sadly, the occasional heavy handed admin'ing is the only thing that keeps colorado4x4.org from turning into pirate. And I totally agree, one of the reasons they do get heavy handed sometimes is that some of those people seriously want to follow through with it.

BTW I wasn't trying to be an Internet Badass myself talking to that kid, I really did run into him in the real world and he really was a very personable individual, he didn't seem to have any memory of questioning my parentage. Later, back on the Internet he explained that I was retarded for prefering a manual transmission in sports cars and my assertion that replacing the stock Turbo 400 (3-speed!) in a V12 XJS would improve performance, I guess the transmission reached it's pinnacle in a 1960 Chevy pickup. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.